Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Any point in persuing a claim with MyHermes
  • griffiths1000
    Free Member

I bought a pair of forks 2 weeks ago, bought a pre-paid label, emailed it to the guy, he stuck it to the box and left it at his work for collection which is staffed 7am to 5pm. Hermes has made no attempt to collect despite regular emails, they kept telling me they would chase up their courier. Now they are saying the label is no longer valid as it is over 7 days old. They say cancel it and buy another, what a joke!

Wondered about making a claim but likely on a looser there.

Anyone had any success getting Hermes Motivated?

globalti
    Free Member

Have you tried bellowing down the phone at them?

griffiths1000
    Free Member

Have you tried bellowing down the phone at them?

Just got a number now, will give that a try.

paulwf

I had to make a claim as a code didn’t work. Just emailed the form and refund came through quickly

I think the separate claim thing is so people can’t be bothered to claim

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Paypal? Just get the cash back from them then book the delivery again – chances are it’ll work!

leegee

If it helps, I made a claim recently for something I sold that arrived damaged. I got a full refund within a week after providing evidence.

keng38
    Free Member

I drop my parcels in at the local shop and the carrier collects from there instead.
    Easier than waiting in.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Judging by my recent experience of using them to return a damaged item to a vendor they are a shower of sh!t.

They kept claiming either no one was in (untrue) or there were “access issues” as excuses for not collecting. In the end after three days I gave up and left the package at a local shop for them to collect.

griffiths1000
    Free Member

3 weeks down the road and emailing and ringing Hermes every day now and still not collected! 👿

Contact number for Hermes is 0330 333 6556 if you should need it!

martinhutch

Why, as the buyer, are you in charge of arranging a courier? Get him to drop it at a local pick-up point, I’ve never had any bother that way.

griffiths1000
    Free Member

Why, as the buyer, are you in charge of arranging a courier? Get him to drop it at a local pick-up point, I’ve never had any bother that way

He gave me a good deal on the forks and part of the arrangement was i bought a pre-paid label & emailed it to him. Hence my persistance in trying to get them to collect. Done it loads of times before and never had any bother.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Cancel with MyHermes, claim money back, use another less shit courier.

martinhutch

Fair dos. Always find it hard to arrange this stuff at a distance, though.

griffiths1000
    Free Member

Cancel with MyHermes

Problem is i have Highlands & islands postcode and Hermes is the only one that dosn’t want about £50 for collection.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Collect+ ?

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve always had success with claims from them. In fact, it’s about the only successful thing I have done with them- they seem to do claims regularly enough.

I’d just use someone else now and claim the money back, which can take a few weeks.

griffiths1000
    Free Member

I’ve always had success with claims from them.

I assume i can only make a claim once it ia actually in their system eg they have collected then failed to deliver, not failed to collect?

rickon
    Free Member

Myhermes ‘delivered’ a set of wheel trims to my house a few weeks ago. They didnt arrive here, and there are only three houses in my area, who all know me and would drop the trims with me.

jimw
    Free Member

I had an issue with them that phonecalls didn’t fix-as you said, trying to call is a nightmare. I finally left some negative but polite comments on facebook and, hey presto, within about 30 minutes I was speaking to someone sensible about sorting it out. I had not done this before, but a couple of times since with other companies, I have found that it gets results very quickly (DX Direct and LLoyds bank) rather than hanging on the phone for hours -literally hours in the case of Lloyds

thegreatape
    Free Member

OP have you tried AJG ?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Any point in persuing a claim with MyHermes’ is closed to new replies.