• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by br.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any point changing my pikes to 160mm on a stump jumper Evo?
  • danjthomas
    Free Member

I have the itch to make a mod.. Will I really benefit from upgrading my pikes from 150mm to 160mm on a stump jumper evo?

If ISO and the front end becomes wondery or hard to control on climbs will dropping the stem compensate?

trusty

I just put an offset shock bush in, I figured 150 was enough with only 135mm on the back

Tracey

Kevin is running the 160 dual positions on his S Works. He likes them and they performed well in the Alps

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    danjthomas
    Free Member

Offset shock bushin. Really? Can you send me a link?

timmys

Kevin is running the 160 dual positions on his S Works.

Who’s Kevin?

treklee
    Free Member

Her husband iirc.

Euro
    Free Member

Martin runs his at 150mm and is very happy. He doesn’t think 10mm would make a lot of difference going down (he runs his Pikes fairly firm) but thinks the difference would be more noticeable on steeper climbs.

He also congratulates you for owning the greatest mtb ever made.

Euro
    Free Member

David runs his Pikes very ‘plush’ (soft as shite) and could probably cope with an extra 10mm of travel on his stumpy evo. He also thinks you’re a lucky lad to own such a wonderful bicycle.

trusty

It’s (not very imaginatively) http://www.offsetbushings.com. I assumed you meant the 29er evo. I went from 140 to 150 when I upgraded the forks, can’t say I noticed the extra 10mm

hainman
    Free Member

I’m about to do the same on my Reign.Just need to drop the elbows for the climbs
    Unfortunately I can only get one offset bushing on the reign

Tracey

munrobiker
    Free Member

I have the 160mm Dual Positions and an offset bushing on mine. In isolation they don’t make much difference but both together gives you about a degree and a half off the headangle. Which makes a small amount of difference.

Switching to a 40mm stem has made a more noticeable difference to mine.

br
    Free Member

I bought some 160mm Pikes cheap with the intention of buying the kit (about £35) to drop them to 150mm on my Stereo.

Rode them at 160mm, left them at 160mm. Didn’t feel any worse climbing than the 150mm 32’s that had been in previously.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any point changing my pikes to 160mm on a stump jumper Evo?’ is closed to new replies.