Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any plumbrs in the house?
  • Pieface

Is replacing a thermistor on a Chaffoteaux & Maury boiler a DIY job? The emergency plumbers have been round in the past and it seems to be a 5 minute job. It involves draining down the boiler and replacing the part (for which I have the number) and I have the instructions.

Otherwise I’m thinking of buying the part locally adn calling a certified plumber.

It doesn’t involve going anywhere near the gas but just wondered whether I should just do it. Emergency plumbers won’t come out as currently its an intermittent fault and it takes them 3 days to order the part alone, thats after 2 days to come and confirm that the hot water is not working.

globalti
    Free Member

Don’t ask here; go and ask on DIYnot.com

highclimber
    Free Member

Don’t ask here; go and ask on DIYnot.com

The thing I have found with those forums is that they will tell you it’s not a DIY job and that you need to consult a tradesman immediately or they will go one further and ask that you consult building control as it’s possibly notifiable under building regs Part J or some jazz

Edit: If you have the Destructions and can get the part and assuming it’s not part of the gas fittings – go for it.

Bear
    Free Member

or involves removing anything like a case which could be part of combustion chamber?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any plumbrs in the house?’ is closed to new replies.