Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any picnic areas near the A43?
  • uplink
    Free Member

Heading off on a road trip with the family & looking for somewhere to stop for a break that isn’t a petrol station/service area
    Really needs to be between M1 Jcn 15a & the M40 where the kids can have a bit of a run around
    Was thinking of just stopping in Silverstone but I thought you lot would know somewhere better

TIA

theflatboy
    Free Member

silverstone would be a good place for a pitstop

uplink
    Free Member

silverstone would be a good place for a pitstop

It wasn’t lost on me 😉

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Silverstone is actually quite pretty as well. OTherwise there are a few small villages but no specific picnic areas.

-m-
    Free Member

Salcey Forest? There’s a picnic area, toilets, playground and forest walks, including one with an elevated section up to an observation platform.

It’s about 10mins from J15 (rather than 15A). You can then either work you way back to the A43 at Blisworth or Towcester, or head down to the M40 via Buckingham and Bicester.

May be a bit off your route, but it would certainly be possible to relieve some steam.

Otherwise it’s largely regular towns / villages along the route.

Alternatively, the services at J15a are almost on top of the canal (complete with a bunch of locks) if you just want to run backwards and forwards in a straight line…

nickc

There’s a nice woods in Silverstone, and you can get get to it pretty easily from the A43.

Pull of the A43 as if going to Silverstone, first left (tiny little minor road) takes you into Hazelborough woods. Nice wide paths lots of trees, picnic bench, perfect.

uplink
    Free Member

OK cheers

I’ve been to Silverstone a few times so I know that’s OK
    Salcey Forest looks interesting

EDIT: cheers nickc – I’ll look at that

-m-
    Free Member

Pull of the A43 as if going to Silverstone, first left (tiny little minor road) takes you into Hazelborough woods. Nice wide paths lots of trees, picnic bench, perfect.

…when travelling towards Northampton!

nickc

Yeah, sorry…, but if you’re coming the other way it’s just as easy to get to.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

my house, just 10 minutes off Junc 15, little village nice local pubs and we do some damn fine cake too,

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Stoke wood – just off the roundabout before you join the M40 from the A43

http://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/en/our-woods/Pages/wood-map.aspx?wood=4577

scuttler

Take the wife to Bicester Village and skint yourself in an instant.

Probably a better idea than taking them to Ron Jeremy’s house assuming that’s his real name 😉 “Daddy – what’s that?”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any picnic areas near the A43?’ is closed to new replies.