Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Any physios in? Trapped nerve
  • bob_summers

Or something, in my hip/buttock. Took me about 10 mins of swearing and struggling to get out of bed this morning, after it’d kept me awake most of the night. It’s loosened off through the morning so I’m walking about now, but this is the second time already this year it’s crippled me. Dead leg, numb toes, lumbar pain etc. I can even feel it in my arms when I turn my head. Feels like I’ve been kicked up the arse by a horse.

Next available doc appointment is on Tuesday. Anything I can do in the meantime? IIRC when it happened a couple of summers ago, I went straight to a physio but she wouldn’t touch it without scans etc.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Sounds like it could be sciatica. Get yourself to the docs for some naproxen and co-codamol.

Mate in work just been struggling with it for a couple of months, but easing off now.

I’ve had similar for the past year and it’s just easing off now.

Edit: You could try doing some work on your hips with a foam roller, bloody hurts when you hit the spot but it might ease things.

bob_summers

yep, seems to be piriformis / sciatic nerve not living happily together.

I do quite a bit of stretching anyway, thankfully the pain’s subsided a bit so I can do some now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Any physios in? Trapped nerve’ is closed to new replies.