Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any Pentax 'Q' users on here?
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

Been pondering a small mirror-less dslr for a while and this seems to fit the bill, the only thing holding me back is the sensor seems much smaller than the Panasonic, sony, canon, olympus and nikon equivalents….discuss 🙂

thanks in advance

JB

dannybgoode

Sony NEX range is where I’d be looking…

Cheers

Danny B

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Sony NEX range is where I’d be looking…

Cheers

Danny B

Yes, larger sensor but just too big for the bike unfortunately also too many £££’s!

molgrips
    Free Member

If you want small size then a compact is what you want. The pictures are plenty good enough, in reality, and for biking toughness is a big plus. Not having a lens sticking out of the front is an even bigger plus I reckon.

mikey74
    Free Member

Buy a Panasonic TZ series SH off E-bay. That way you won’t worry so much if it got broken. I bought a TZ5 for around £80 a couple of years ago: It does HD video, has a good zoom range, good quality lens. Perfect biking camera IMO.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Buy a Panasonic TZ series SH off E-bay

small size then a compact is what you want

Already have a superzoom compact and i’m looking for more control in a in effort to be more creative….well thats the theory anyway! 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

You can get bridge cameras with full manual control, even manual focus.

The reasons for getting a MILC are improved image quality, better background blurring and a choice of (better) lens. This however is a two way thing since whilst you CAN change lenses, in order to do this you’ll need to buy the damn things. They aren’t particularly cheap in MILC land because there aren’t the second hand bargains floating about like there are with some of the SLR systems.

mikey74
    Free Member

Already have a superzoom compact and i’m looking for more control in a in effort to be more creative….well thats the theory anyway!

Fair enough. I fancy one of those compact system camera myself, but not for biking duties.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any Pentax 'Q' users on here?’ is closed to new replies.