Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any pathologists on here? Peaches Geldorf question.
  • globalti
    Free Member

Why is it going to take up to six weeks to get toxicology results from the post-mortem? I have a limited understanding of analytical techniques so I thought all you had to do was run samples through gas chromatography and look for unexpected molecules, even those deeply embedded in hair or nails, for example.

nickjb
    Free Member

Like the rest of the health services there is probably a queue.

gonefishin
    Free Member

I’m not a pathologist but at a guess I’d say that there is a a waiting time for such analysis to be done due to limited lab time and time will also be required for any report to be written.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Google ‘The CSI effect’.

nedrapier

And I’d have thought analysis for people who were still alive would take priority.

hora
    Free Member

Theres no rush as its not a suspicious death or murder/crime scene.

Although tragic for her family and sad she isn’t a head of state/key person etc etc to warrant a swift investigation. The team onsite probably have a good idea/thought process on what happened- this’ll just confirm their thoughts really. RIP though. Heres to a (hopefully) bright future for her sons.

rewski
    Free Member

Can’t you at least spell her name correctly, respect.

footflaps

respect.

?

Pretty sure that’s not how you spell her name….

easygirl

All forensic services were privatised about 2 years ago, since then the waiting times for samples returning has trebled.
    And they will have much much more pressing work than a toxicology report for a deceased woman.
    Sad, but a fact of life

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I work in a Toxicology research laboratory. It’s not like CSI, four to six weeks is fairly standard anywhere.

All forensic services were privatised about 2 years ago, since then the waiting times for samples returning has trebled.

And forensic services won’t be doing the toxicology report.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any pathologists on here? Peaches Geldorf question.’ is closed to new replies.