Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 127 total)
  • Any other disillusioned Gooner fans?
  • granny_ring

Another frustrating lack of transfer of transfer window activity, apart from a freebie striker…..
    I know there’s a couple of weeks left but would have thought we’d have bought 3 or 4 players early in the window and not last minute panic buys as has been done in the past.
    All the banging on about the 70 million available blah blah blah!
    I still think that maybe it would have been better to have finished 5th last season instead of the just scrape into our ‘expected’ 4th and qualify for champions league. That way some changes might have happened.
    Yes it’s great that we’ve done financially very well paying for the stadium and balancing the books etc but patience is running out!!

Enjoy 4th spot this season Spurs 🙂

Rant over, and yes I didn’t get much sleep last night.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

could be worse, Mike Ashley could be in charge.

KidCragg
    Free Member

Standard transfer window for us, minus a high profile departure

Def could have done with an experience GK to challenge / cover Szczesny.

Pepe and Julie cesar were available and neither arrived.

Defensively we def need cover and experience. Vermalen wasn’t at his best last year and is injured at present

Could have done with a solid central midfielder I don’t think arteta is solid enough and is too slow for that roll. Fellaini would do nicely, mr Wenger! Although I think he’ll be off to united now.

As for forwards, Losing out on higuain and jogevic after being after both for some time was a let down also. Not sure who else there is now available. Rooneyseems set for Chelsea and I think Suarez is a great prem player but too much baggage for me and the club I think. I’m sure he’ll wanna got to Spain eventually as well so not sure there the value.

But think we’ll be ok for 4th especially if Bale goes, we should be aiming higher thou.

I’m just waiting for Wenger to tell us Diaby is fit again and will be like a new signing before the inevitably muscle injury in his 3rd game back.

Oh to,
    oh to be,
    Oh to be a goooo-ner!

kevster
    Free Member

If I was an Arsenal fan I’d be very frustrated based on the lack of transfer activity and the good financial position they’re in (‘supposed’ £70m transfer kitty!). With the managerial changes that we have witnessed over the summer then Arsenal could have really leaped ahead of their rivals with four quality signings (£70m plus sales) to push for a title challenge.

The race for top four will be interesting, Spurs have improved but Bale will be a loss but I’m sure they’ll reinvest that. Liverpool (who I support) have improved but still require 3 quality signings. I think if Suarez was to leave (which I hope he does – abroad) then we’ll reinvest that money and we’ll have a good side. Always felt we played better as a team without him but he’s obviously a quality player who can change games. Then you have the Everton’s, WBA, Swansea etc who be in or around the top 8 positions.

I think United will have a difficult season, but then I have said that before and they have gone on to win another title!

binners

Its not so bad. You seem to have avoided the annual exodus to Manchester this year. Probably because you’ve not got any players who are actually desirable enough to be pursued, and offered silly money.

Do you want the mercenary little scouse git Rooney? Then we can sign Fallaini and Baines now that it looks like Fabragas is going nowhere

And be careful what you wish for….

Quite surprised by Wenger pursuing him. Didn’t have him down as his type of player at all. Or maybe its all just mind games to unsettle Liverpool (as potential 4th place competitors) before the season starts. It wouldn’t surprise me. And it appears to have worked 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

in his 3rd game back.

I love an optimist.

jambalaya
    Free Member

What is your club thinking with Suraz ? Total head case, Liverpool have stood by him (they’ve little choice as without him they’d be in freefall), and his responce is to want away. Whoever buys him at £40m+ is going to loose a lot of money as he’ll be banned again and for longer, his responce will be to claim he’s a victim and force a transfer.

Sooner or later another mega owner is going to pump money into a Premier League Club, if it’s Arsenal then good for you, if it’s not you’ll be out of the CL places.

Rooney is “toast”, his best is a long way behind him and Van Peirse has shown him what a great season looks like.

kimbers

perky Luton fan here

it may have been your D squad but……7-0 to the hatters 🙂

sobriety
    Free Member

I’m with binners, I really hope it’s just a game to unsettle him, I really don’t want the little buck-toothed racist playing for Arsenal, however many goals he scores.

(Although if we can get for 20p I wouldn’t mind)

theflatboy
    Free Member

I’m holding off deciding how disillusioned I am until the end of the transfer window… the disconnect between statement of finances and intent, and the familiar feeling of deflation as more and more “linked players” seem to evaporate is causing me concern as usual, though. 🙁

portlyone

You do seem to be paying vastly over the going rate to watch a team B+ players.

I think you need a CB, CM and a proper striker to compete for 4th next year.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’m not worried we’ve still got the greatest striker that ever lived….
    But seriously Cesar would have been perfect, I’d absolutely love to see Felaini at the club, I think he’d drive the team on to success a la Vieira. We needa CB/LB cover, Sakho would be perfect and I wouldn’t be against seeing Vermin play DM. We do really need a top class finisher as well.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m not worried we’ve still got the greatest striker that ever lived….

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Disgruntled Arsenal Fan here, and a former member and regular supporter, home and away – Haven’t the time or inclination these days, and I started to begrudge the massive money I was forking out to follow a fast becoming average club.

Can’t understand the club’s stance on transfers. Think we miss David Dein awfully. He was the man that made things happen, a great negotiator, and always seemed capable of getting a player that the manager wanted.

Wenger seems clueless, arrogant, and his deluded self belief is admirable but irritating. His belief that we can challenge with our current squad is ridiculous, and made my heart sink when I heard him say that. It hints that he’s entertaining the idea of not signing anyone.

I think it was snooze you lose with Higuain, although I suspect we also dug our heels in when Real upped his value at an advanced stage of negotiations.

Not sure Suarez will come to us, only if he has no other option from elsewhere. He’s undoubtedly one of the 10 best players in the world, and I can’t see Arsenal signing him for 40m unopposed. Someone else will pop up and get him for 50m+ when it’s crunch time. As a footballer he’s magnificent. Reminds me of Thierry Henry in his pomp.

If we don’t get Suarez , then that leaves us with very few options for a striker, and no doubt very little time to sort it out once all this saga has been put to bed. We seem to be putting all our eggs in one basket, and trying to snatch a top player on the cheap….this will bite us in the arse in some way at some point.

I have no desire to spend 40m+ on one player. I think it’s bad business for Arsenal. This mythical ‘war chest’ of 70m could have secured us a good solid midfielder, defender, striker (Higuain) and goal keeper. And god know we need them!

I’ve seen it all before, year after year, the promise of new players and big spending around season ticket renewal time, false promises, hints at big signings that never quite pan out, then the management holding up their hands saying we tried to sign Higuain, Suarez, etc etc excuses excuses.

We seem to be forgetting that we scraped 4th place last season by the skin of our teeth, and those around us are spending…

Arsenal fans are like Mushrooms…we’re kept in the dark and fed sh*t.

I’m tired of it.

nickc

Joe Kinnear and a bunch of French players…and Mike Ashley.

Oh Good.

binners
    stcolin
    Free Member

Yea, very much lost interest in the last couple of seasons. We’re an average side these days. I predict some panic buying in the last few days. Our great days are over I think. Wenger has lost the plot.

BadlyWiredDog

Please God, not Suarez… The whole transfer thing is a media-generated, over-simplistic hype frenzy. Obviously if you buy lots of massively expensive players you’re guaranteed to win the Premiership, which is why Chelsea with Hazard et al, were last year;s champions… 😉

I view it as sort of soap opera. And besides, the transfer window was still open last time I looked…

Nobby

Would it be inconsiderate to re-post THIS LINK?

😉

MSP

Yea, very much lost interest in the last couple of seasons. We’re an average side these days. I predict some panic buying in the last few days. Our great days are over I think. Wenger has lost the plot.

You only sing when your winning!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

MSP – Member

You only sing when your winning!

Sorry no. You have to look at the bigger picture, and the way the fans have been treated by the club. We’d grudgingly accept being an average side if we were paying average prices. We have the most expensive tickets in he country…

binners

You lot all doing the STW Fantasy Football?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I wondered if the bids for Suarez were just posturing knowing they’d be rebuffed. “Look we did try but for X Y Z reason we couldn’t get him, we are still looking but we will only sign top top players.” (Or average players for free, or really really bad players with massive foreheads or necks for well over the market value).

Personally I’d love to see Suarez at the club, I don’t care about all the baggage, I don’t care that in two years he’s be pushing for a move to spain, it’s not my money and we need outstanding players like him to stand a chance of going for the title, he’s definitely one of the two best players in the league along with the Dutch skunk.

Suarez, Felaini, Top quality defender and ideally an experienced keeper to challenge Chesney and we’d be contenders.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Just read that Matt Flamingo is training at Arsenal…..

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I thought a ‘gooner’ was an Arsenal fan. So a gooner fan would be a fan of an Arsenal fan?

jimster
    Free Member

Enjoy 4th spot this season Spurs

It’ll be interesting to see how they do this season, I’m not holding out a lot of hope for them ATM.

binners

Liverpool will definitely finish 4th this season. Maybe higher. They looked like the team had real potential by the end of last season. Their recent signings look really promising too. They’ve been really shrewd with their transfers. I doubt Suarez leaving will have that much impact. They’ve got potential goals from anyone on their squad

aa
    Free Member

its the start of the season so i try not to be disillusioned. Somehow, we’ll come good and get tnat 4th space spot……
    I don’t want suarez, not good value for money imo.

I became disillusioned when the debenture scheme came in, in fact, the whole prem league thing turns me off to be honest.

Having said that, i’m going to put my hand in my pocket and support burton albion this year. Friendly club, friendly atmosphere. Gonna go all the way to the 1st division.

Junkyard
    Free Member

who stole Binners log on?

I think everyone has a soft spot for Wenger as he changed the culture of football and they used to play lovely football as well
    Clearly they need better players though and will need to spend
    For whatever reason they seem reluctant to do this and Suarez is not the answer to their problems though he would improve them

Think Poll with the stability [ suarez aside] are better than last season but consistency is their issue. Will they get there this year I am not so sure but they are moving in the right direction but they have some way to go to really challenge.

Interesting season with all the change at the top with managers etc but only Arsenal are vulnerable for a top 4 finish IMHO

MAn U still need about 6 midfielder though and no one wants to come.
    I am not sure Fellani is the answer but he may be all we can get.

granny_ring

3 2 1 and back in the room. Lots of good points there, especially about David Dein. Gone downhill since he left/was asked to leave….

Glad I’m not the only one here peeved by the situation, knowing that Newcastle have their own shenanigans going on doesn’t make me feel any better. 🙂

I shall wait with baited breath to see what happens between now and the end of the transfer window.

Dont want Suarez or Rooney but Fellani would be good (but he’ll go to United), 1 or 2 central defenders, right back, holding midfielder, another striker but I like Giroud think he’s done good so far.

Can see The pool having a good season too so they’ll be there or there a bouts for a shout at 4th.

Hey ho.

CaptJon
    Free Member

binners – Member
    Liverpool will definitely finish 4th this season. Maybe higher. They looked like the team had real potential by the end of last season. Their recent signings look really promising too. They’ve been really shrewd with their transfers. I doubt Suarez leaving will have that much impact. They’ve got potential goals from anyone on their squad

Have you seen Suarez’s goals stats? He scores 1-in-2.

slimjim78
    Free Member

It could be worse, you could be a football fan.

…oh…

Jamie
    Free Member

slimjim78:

It could be worse, you could be a football fan.

…oh…

You seem pretty awesome. Wanna hang out?

Jamie
    Free Member
    loum
    Free Member

no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    ……

granny_ring

Happy for it to stay no too 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Happy for it to stay no too

At least he would be our racist cannibal 8)

granny_ring

Hey ho, here we go…..

Junkyard
    Free Member

I like Arsenal and I like Wenger but he needs to spend some money and stop just getting talent

He must spend now surely

anagallis_arvensis

Shocked Villa fan here, just dropped by to say: 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Any other disillusioned Gooner fans?’ is closed to new replies.