Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any oppinions on Fox Van RC rear shocks??
  • liggster
    Free Member

I have moved this from the Chat Forum, which might not have been the “right section”. I’m thinking of replacing my rear shock with a Fox Van RC rear shock. Has any one used one and have any opinions on them? Thanks 😀

LoCo
    Free Member

Good ‘budget’ shock as standard better with a tune and ti spring ( 😀 )

Kryton57

I’ve a tuned Van R and its brilliant. Well worth the cash. As loco says get it tuned to remove the generic setup though.

emmodd
    Free Member

I’ve been recommended one for my orange patriot (08). Is it worth getting one new and pushed from Tftuned of is there a better tune of it get the shock elsewhere?

liggster
    Free Member

Thanks peeps! 😀

z1ppy

Emmodd, Mojo offer a custom tune a Van RC for you, well they used to, can’t find any info on their site about it now.
    TF Tuned tune them using the PUSH industries kits.
    Loco offers a custom tune too (off hand during servicing), so might be worth giving him a ring, someone mentioned he did them a good deal on a Van RC the other day.

Whose better at it? I dunno

dorkingtrailpixie
    Free Member

Had mine on an orange 5 for a couple of months now. Below are my comments posted a few days after fitting it…

For anyone thinking of getting one, here’s my first observations…

Climbing: With a couple of low speed compression clicks, the bike doesn’t bob any worse than the RP23 so climbing is fine.

General Singletrack riding: No real noticeable difference.

Freeride/fast descents etc: Massive improvement. Back wheel now firmly planted on the ground rather than the ‘skippy’ back end I was used to. Rear braking is therefore much improved with better control of speed. I can ‘feel’ the back end of the bike much better. Landing off jumps is sooo plush and predictable.

So then, all positive. There is a weight penalty but I’m not sure I noticed it when in the saddle.

Kryton57

+1 for dorkings latter comments almost exactly – except I’m Vpp so I don’t have any percievable bob ob climbing.

I’m aslmost exclusively singletrack and have had TfT Push the shock to accomodate, so his “Freeride” para onwards applies to singletrack and trailcentre riding in the way he describes.

FWIW without jumping I never notice the wheel NOT track the ground.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any oppinions on Fox Van RC rear shocks??’ is closed to new replies.