Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any one used this >>> Brand X Chain Tensioner thingy
  • tomaso
    Free Member

Its a chain stay mounted chain device thingty – dead simple and I wondered if any one had used one and what they thought? crc brand x linky

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Blimey, there’s a blast from the past!
    Very popular back in the day along side DCD’s & purple bar ends.
    All I can remember about them is they’re not the quietest of things.

hrcmonty
    Free Member

Hi,

Yeah i used one for a little bit. Easy to set-up, i had no issue with noise, well made. The only problem you may have is the shape of your chain stay. Mine was on an On-one 456, and getting it set-up for chain alignment was a nightmare.

lipseal
    Free Member

Brand-X Chain Tensioner

A two piece chain tensioning system. The upper body secures to the chainstay via a hinged clamp and bolt, the bottom section swivels and has a roller guide incorporating a cog which will move with each gear shift to maintain a proper chain line. Ideal for trials or street use.

Brand-X Chain Tensioner Features:

Hinged clamp
    Durable roller
    Lightweight design
    NOTE: To use this product you must have the appropriate Fizik saddle with the clip system.
    Buy Brand-X Chain Tensioner from Chain Reaction Cycles, the world’s largest online bicycle store.

The ‘NOTE’ worries me?? 😯

miketually
    Free Member

I was thinking of getting something like this for my 1×6 cargo bike as there’s an awful lot of chain to get caught up in things if it does ever throw the chain from the front ring.

Anyone know how big a chainstay it’ll fit round?

I_Ache
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother with it tbh. They used to cause more problems than they solved back in the 90s.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any one used this >>> Brand X Chain Tensioner thingy’ is closed to new replies.