Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any one that is 6' ride a medium Commencal meta 5
  • Fishbone
    Free Member

Hi,
    just want your opinion if you ride a meta and are 6′, the size guides say I should go for large, but I have a chance to buy a cheap medium?
    Cheers

DrP

I’m about 5.10 and ride a medium, but I’m kinda chucky/jumpy with it….
    At 6ft, I do wonder if M would be too small. Any way you could ride it? (or if you’re in Dorset, you can ride mine!)

DrP

Twin
    Free Member

I am 6′. I ride a large. I think the top tube is too short for a 6′ person to ride a medium, especially when climbing.

I’m near Cwmcarn, you could try mine if you’re close.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m 6ft and tested a medium and it comes up very short, definately worth going for a large so you can keep the stem short.

retro83
    Free Member

I’m 6ft and rode a medium. I found it no problem to ride, although a large probably would have suited better it was a good laugh to chuck it around. The handling was spot on for me with an 80mm stem.

Fishbone
    Free Member

Thanks for the replys and the offers, I think I will keep my eye out for a large.

Teapot
    Free Member

Large as they are quite short

br
    Free Member

My riding buddy is about 5’11”, and rides a large – I had a go, and at 6’2″ I’d want a bigger frame.

So I’d guess a medium is a bit small, unless you’ve short arms/legs?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

To put my comment in perspective, I tried a medium cannondale prophet and transition covert and felt both were borderline too short whereas my 18″ 456 is borderline too long. Dont know if youve tried any of those?

MRanger156
    Free Member

Im 6 foot and ride a 2007 meta 5 in medium. Its great on the downs but a bit cramped on the ups. I think the new geometry is slightly different as tried a mates 2010 large and it felt very similar to my medium.

jeff

I’m 6ft and ride a medium 2008 meta 5. I find it OK for the climbs and generally great fun on the flat + downs. I’ve done all day rides and a (very slack) solo Bristol bike fest on it too.

How cheap is it? Worth a punt? Could always sell it on at the same price if you did not get on with it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any one that is 6' ride a medium Commencal meta 5’ is closed to new replies.