Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any one know any good rides in the Cotswolds?
  • Brown
    Free Member

So far I’ve found some mud, a bit more mud and some really nice mud. I’d like to find some (muddy) singletrack. Ideas?

mrmo
    Free Member

where in the Cotswolds, Bath to Broadway and beyond is a large area.

But on the whole, expect mud at this time of year.

Brown
    Free Member

Anywhere at all. I have a car and I’m not afraid to use it. Surprise me.

mrmo
    Free Member

there is some to the north of the stroud valleys, (slad, sheepscombe), also Cleeve hill, I would suggest some other areas but i feel they should be left till it dries out, not worth doing anymore damage.

sheldona
    Free Member

Cleeve isn’t normally too muddy this time of year. Most other places have a covering of Cotswold dust* this time of year

*Claggy Mud

Brown
    Free Member

Thanks for that.

Damage? Are there many riders around there then? So far, I’ve seen one tyre track and two roadies. If I asked again in the ‘summer’ would you have some more suggestions?

Edit – Yeah, been up onto Cleeve Hill (sticking to bridleways). Nice views but not the most interesting of riding (although it may be unfair to compare the Cotswolds to, say, the Brecons)

mrmo
    Free Member

If you stick to the bridleways on cleeve you have missed all the riding. There is lots, just not on the bridleways. Best way to find it is to keep your eyes open and if you see a narrow track in the grass follow it. Some are dead ends some aren’t.

Cleeve is always best done at night in thick fog. The amount of disorientation is impressive. Gets even better if you follow the goat tracks along the cliffs.

In the summer then i would have some more suggestions, use the search feature it was discussed yesterday and i hope it is clear what the problem is, and it is private property.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any one know any good rides in the Cotswolds?’ is closed to new replies.