Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any one know any good companies for stove installation in West Yorkshire?
  • marrv
    Free Member

Looking at getting one put in so wondering who’s good.
    Managed to convince the boss we should do this before new windows so should be getting quotes soon.

x

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

This man did ours, but it was about 8 years ago now. I would recommend him (from how he was then). He knocked out the blocked up chimney breast and installed the stove. Looks like he has a picture of one of our friends stoves on his website !

We are north Bradford.

http://stevenbates.co.uk/

I cant recall who we bought our chimney liner off though, but basically a lot of them, you pay for the liner and they install it too.

ourmaninthenorth

We bought a Firebelly stove direct from the manufacturer. They also fitted it.

They’re based in Halifax or thereabouts.

johnx2
    Free Member

Homepage

did ours. Seem a good outfit

marrv
    Free Member

Cheers very much. That will get the ball rolling.
    Miss my old stove and sick of central heating.
    Just got to work out a good time to ask for a new MTB now!

hunterst
    Free Member

We used these to take our stove out while we rebuilt the hearth –
    They then fit a new pipe with access hatch – cleaned the liner out – resprayed the stove and refitted it. Put a cowl on the chimney and added a room vent.

They’re in Methley, Leeds

http://sublimeinstallations.com/

No hassle at all

brennak

Yorkshire Stoves did ours and whilst they did a good job on the supply and installation we had a couple of issues. After a full pre installation check and pricing, when the actual work began we were told before they would only continue if we had an air vent installed in the adjacent room external wall at additional cost of £50, when they were packing up the stove was set up for wood burning we bought a multi burner after much stamping of feet they converted it. As they went through the door all the excess bricks plaster and rubbish was in the front garden when asked to remove it i was told it would cost £75, all this time I had my arm in a sling recovering from a rotor cuff op so being expected to do do this work or pay up after already paying over £2000, left a bit of a sour taste. Use them with care and only finally pay when satisfied they have done all you expect

dannybgoode

We’ve had a quote from Yorkshire Stoves and whilst they seemed ok I’m a little concerned they seem to disagree that a chimney has been removed when it’s clearly gone (and our survey specifically states its been removed).

They then sent me a photo to show the chimney and won’t believe me that is the back of the house not the front where the stove will be installed.

Somewhat put me off using them.

bearnecessities

I live about 3 mins from Yorkshire stoves. I wanted to support a local business so went to them first. I was an ideal customer with an easy install and willing to buy stove from them too. Short version – I would not recommend them.

I ended up buying some quality kit online and got a local HETAS chimney sweep to install it. He charged £300 to install which include signing it off. Nice chap too; anyone who’s interested in his details, or my experience with YS drop me a PM.

djglover
    Free Member

Wharfe Valley Stoves, really good

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I used fit rite fires in silsden for the fitting

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Flame N Grate in Thirsk (North rather than West Yorkshire).

I have no idea if they are any good – I just like their name 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any one know any good companies for stove installation in West Yorkshire?’ is closed to new replies.