Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Any one had any experience with these
  • fattyrider
    Free Member

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322452977097

Looking at one of these for the wife as she love using her Cube mtb but suffers with a few illnesses and finds peddling hard so thought a bit of peddle assist would keep her rolling but not sure if these are compatible with the disc brakes on the Cube .

Not totally fixed to this one as would like a chain drive so peddling still needs to be done a few people selling them on flee bay so a good choice , it’s just the logistics of installing with what I already have is the problem
    Have any of you guys ever used one

doncorleoni
    Free Member

I helped a friend build one up with a rear hub drive. It weighted an absokute ton and was pretty badly made (def would not want to get water near it). Was one of those ebay cheap kits.

There are some disc compatible but you will struggle with hydro brakes. Most of these cheap kits are designed for cable brakes. Although you don’t actually need the brake levers (they just cut off the motor power when braking which is kind of useful).

If I were building one for myself… I would definately go for a bafang mid drive with decent battery… But you are looking at 500-600 squids at least for a decent setup.

You are probably best off selling the cube and get a dedicated e bike for the Mrs.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Loads of info on the diy kits in here:

Home

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Any one had any experience with these’ is closed to new replies.