Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)
  • Any one else think Nicolai look s@*t.
  • TheSwede
    Free Member

Box section, ugly home made looking nastiness IMO.
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/can-anyone-show-me-their-helius-rcs

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not nic(h)e enough for you, eh? 😉

GW
    Free Member

yes.
    so much so I can’t even be bothered clicking your link

Jamie
    Free Member

Uh-oh! It’s another ‘people in liking different things shocker’ thread.

TheSwede
    Free Member

No, quite niche but just look as if they were designed 50 years ago.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Looks can be deceiving

Blower
    Free Member

orange 5 too…? maybe.

TheSwede
    Free Member

I’m not saying they are crap bikes or ride badly but come on, did Fred Dibner design them int coal shed.

PrinceJohn

Definitely look ugly, however that wouldn’t put me off buying one, they look purposeful & industrial and that I do like….

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Not to shabby on the eye…

Amazing to ride

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

just look as if they were designed 50 years ago.

Take away the forks and I think it’s time to get back in yer glass house and put the stones down…

😉

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Please will the person who owns the custom green anodized one please stand up and ermm post pics!

jizz jorgous ❗

tazzymtb

it needs no further discussion 🙂

singlespeedstu

*Tw4tfart insult fail*

What the **** has ‘tollahs bike got to do with the swede thinking Nicolia’s look shite?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

based on the pics above, yes.

tazzymtb

CFH posting a picture of the ‘tollahs indy fab towel rail is going to have no effect on the swede, although he might add some general insults of his own 😉

tazzymtb

doh SSstu, too quick and beats me to it

cynic-al
    Free Member

H
    I
    D
    E
    O
    U
    S

TheSwede
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    You have me confused with a certain attention whore. That abomination is the tollah’s.
    AND Ton thought I was a ginger yesterday. Has the tollah stolen my personality.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I am aware that it’s not yours, but it was more making the point that many bikes

just look as if they were designed 50 years ago.

Some like ’em, some don’t.

TheSwede
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart, you are banned from this thread for being an inaccurate, back peddling nobber 😉

tazzymtb

back peddling nobber

He has a coaster brake on his bike?…..that’s quite niche 😉

backhander
    Free Member

I quite like them. purposeful.
    there’s gotta be something badass about owning a camo bike made from girders.

IA

I quite enjoy the colourblind-madman-on-crack-with-a-CNC-machine-in-the-shed-and-too-much-meccano-as-a-child aesthetic they have going on. And they ride lovely.

chilli
    Free Member

I’ve always wanted one,they look sturdy,made from proper bits of tubing and close up the welding and attention to detail is amazing,personally i hate all the hydrodeformed bikes,but each to their own and all that!

druidh
    Free Member

I think they look great. Much lighter than they look too.

Regardless of how old-skool they look, they at least look like a collection of bike tubes and not a bit of welded filing-cabinet like an Orange 5.

hora
    Free Member

If they rode utterly amazingly I’d have one. If they ride just like most run of the mill then I really don’t see the point of the extra expense i.e. made to look different to make them niche for niche’s sake.

singlespeedstu

We tried to buy a Nicolai custom build full suss tandem but the UK importer seemed a bit unhelpfull when we mailed them with a few questions about the build…

Kbrembo
    Free Member

I have always had very quick response from Simon @ Nicolai UK….

Amazingly I have also had super quick answers back from Kalle Nicolai …

Worth contacting Nicolai in germany on the tandem…

I think there is a few about!

Good Luck!

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

To be a bit fair to the brand…

The first picture is of a Nucleon DH from 2003, the third is a later Nucleon prototype that never made it into production. Without throwing stones in glass houses there were some odd looking bikes around back then. Cannondale was the first thing I googled for – usually pretty good looking frames – but their 03 range had definitely hit a few branches in the ugly tree on the way down.

ton

i like em, bought a argon fr and sold it within two weeks cos it was too small in a xl 26” version.
    i have got a very deep desire for a custom 29r version……. 8)

singlespeedstu

Maybe we should try speaking direct to Nicolai as the UK folks answered our first email then just ignored us.

Can you buy direct from them?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Yes – drop us a mail. We shouldn’t have been unhelpful – all tandems are complete custom. We don’t sell complete bikes so would have directed you to a dealer for that part of your purchase.

hora
    Free Member

Tsk tsk. Your bots are working far too slow. 1hour dude. Progressive-Si would have nailed this thread within 15mins and brant would already know that you are contemplating posting a thread.. 😆

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Like this one Ton?

singlespeedstu

Sorry simon but after being ingored if i couldn’t deal direct i’d rather not bother.

Being ignored before you have our money if just stupid…

ton

Kbrembo…………..that’s the one mate.
    but i red i think………..cos red bikes are faster. 😉

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Yes, yes…..maybe it’s a strategy – more efficient to deal with all the comments in one go. Or maybe it’s been a beer and riding weekend.

hora
    Free Member

Tell me what riding is again? 🙁

I had a spin around the hit the north route this morning including some cheeky roll in’s etc. Thats all the riding I’ve done for weeks now.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Probably will be spamming some pictures of my new Nicolais in the next couple of weeks, so the haters better brace themselves.

Got a Helius AFR and a custom Argon CC 29er on order at the moment. AFR is nearly finished and the 29er frame is due any day now. I found Nicolai uk and Moonglu really helpful on both bikes. They even advised me to wait a few weeks before ordering the 29er in order to take advantage of improved pricing.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Any one else think Nicolai look s@*t.’ is closed to new replies.