Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any one done this (dont worry bike related and clean)
  • maxsatnav
    Free Member

OK ive got an 2008 yeti 575 and was thinking of putting 160mm fork on to slacken the head angle slightly and hopefully stabalise it a bit more on the down bits.

dont get me wrong its a great bike, climbs good rides good lightweight maybe its just me but it sems a bit front skitty while the back is planted

Was just wondering if anyone had tried this route

views and opinions please

RoterStern
    Free Member

I wouldn't do it personally. The bike wasn't designed with a 160mm fork in mind and it will put too much stress on the front of the bike.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

The bike wasn't designed with a 160mm fork in mind and it will put too much stress on the front of the bike.

Thats just not true, Yeti quote geometry on the yeti site AND the owners manual for 140 AND 160 mm forks. Running 160mm will knock a couple of degrees of the head angle though.

I run mine with 140 pikes but have friends who run 160mm Fox 36's on theirs with no problems.

I can't see how adding an extra 15mm (when 25% sag is taken into consideration) is really going to stress a bike to the horrifying degrees that the scaremongers seem to think it will.

FFS, adding a big tyre can add 15mm to the front of a bike

maxsatnav
    Free Member

yeti site seem to approve as they give geometry with both 140 and 160 forks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any one done this (dont worry bike related and clean)’ is closed to new replies.