Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any off road biathlon's near Bristol?
  • Leku
    Free Member

Fancy having a go at a off-road run / bike biathlon. Was thinking 5km / 20km /5km type of thing.

Anyone know of one coming up?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Do you mean duathlon? Biathlon invloves target practise as well, no? 😉

I THINK there used to be one at Longleat but it'll be in the summer and I've not heard abotu for a while…..

pjt201
    Free Member

there was one at ashton court on a sunday morning a couple of months ago.

clubber
    Free Member

Yeah, I saw that one – I think that there are a few though no idea where/when. Googling for duathlon rather than biathlon would help though!

Leku
    Free Member

I did find a link to the Ashton Court event but its only once a year.

Would 220 magazine have listings of events like this?

llama

I did the ashton court one. Ended up closer to 5/20/5 miles rather than km due to a GPS moment by the organiser. The run was **** hard for me a not very good runner. But the bike was great: it was the bike fest course in reverse in the squelchy mud so nice and interesting; the runners were all over the shop.

There is one in cirencester but it looks like ride around a field.

There is a series at castle coombe on the circuit so technically off road but you need a road bike.

njee20
    Free Member

I'm pretty sure that hosting biathlon events on the road is not only dangerous, due to the snow involved, but also highly illegal, thus they're probably mostly off road 😉

They're often run by triathlon associations, isn't it BAD Tri around that neck of the woods?

StuF
    llama

I've only just started to venture into it but most multisport events seem to appear on entry central

clubber
    Free Member

Yeah, BAD Tri is local.

I saw the recent race and it was LOL funny – as mentioned, it seemed to be mostly runners who'd just hopped on a bike for the first time – there was some brilliant skill on show 🙂

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Cirenceter Offroad Duathlon

You've just missed the Autumn Cirencester Offroad Duathlon; one in the spring.

Olster
    Free Member

Some over the winter in the Purbecks, never done them so can't advise either way – I guess if its naff you can go for an nice ride with great scenary, called the 'Rempstone Roast' I believe http://www.resultstriathlon.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any off road biathlon's near Bristol?’ is closed to new replies.