Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Any of you use a T4 / T5 / Vito / etc. as a daily driver?
  • gravity-slave
    Free Member

Tyres depending, of course. 😉

Probably any, as long as fitted with decent winter tyres, going by my experience of ski transfer mini buses in various vans.

peabrain
    Free Member

T4s are great in the snow with winter tyres on the front.

codybrennan
    Free Member

My Trafic (2.0 115) is converted to a camper and is my daily driver. Not really come across any downsides yet tbh. You need to watch the height (its a pop-top) and its a bit bigger than a car, but otherwise, not much.

Averages 37mpg.

bluehelmet
    Free Member

Use one pretty much my only vehicle have done forever, I used to have two cars something smart and the T2/3/4/5 for weekends and pleasure, but like Macs pretty much everyone has them now so it’s OK to turn up somewhere (like a wedding) in the Kombi without getting the weird looks we might have done a while back.

Having said that i was just about to start a thread about switching to electric and have just had a look at the Nissan Van version of the leaf and it now comes as a combi.

I carry the bike in the back, which can be handy if I have a drink and need to cycle back home (if I’m out on the razzle)The dog goes with me everywhere in it, it’s like a portable Toy box carrying all my other sports stuff just in case, I couldn’t imagine life without a sizeable van and don’t get anyone who doubts it, as to brands, VW is it, they pretty much pioneered the van for leisure driveability and up until recently have been the only serious choice. I’m not a Merc or Ford person, no idea why, they’d just never feature on the radar.

Spud

Had a 13 plate Caravelle since May ’14. Love it. Replaced an E Class. Very comfy, not E Class refinement but so much more practical and enjoyable as our family car. Luckily we got an ex-demo 180 DSG Exc model so bells and whistles on it. Tows very well with our 1450kg caravan on. Wish we’d bought one years ago. For hols with family it’s great as grandparents can travel with rather than taking two cars. All rear seats come out. It’s thirsty but then it’s big.

bigad40
    Free Member

My 158000mile 09 plate Vito 109 is brilliant!
    £20 will get over 100 miles even into London. On long motor way trips it’s even better.
    Great to drive, even the Mrs was impressed the few times she driven it and we’ll replace our current Japanese MPV with one as a family car.
    Simple stuff like clearing the windscreen on the heater/blower works fantastic.
    Even the stereo sound is good.
    I looked briefly at the T5 but they were way more expensive for the same thing
    But also you’ll see Vianos on auto trader with a zillion miles (ex-mini/exec cabs) on and they still look good.

Olly
    Free Member

2.5 130bhp so it goes really well and has a 6 speed box. Gets really good economy on a long run.

Wonder what I’m doing wrong. i get 37mpg, and consider that pretty awful.
    Daily driver here. Feel a bit guilty dragging a bedroom 15 miles to work and back every day, but less guilty than i did about having a car for commuting, and a van sitting in the road, only moving it at weekends.
    I’d get an electric car to supplement it if i had money to throw around.

kitebikeski
    Free Member

T5 Kombi 4 Motion which replaced a Freelander 2 as company car in daily use.
    Only advantages as far as I can see:
    Massively reduced company car tax
    Similar mpg.
    off road ability not dissimilar to Freelander.
    Way more space – I always judged success of a long journey on how many family arguments we had. These have reduced to almost non existent – everyone has bit more space.
    Family summer hol to alps with 5 people + 10 bikes was epic, wouldn’t have been possible without it

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Any of you use a T4 / T5 / Vito / etc. as a daily driver?’ is closed to new replies.