Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any of you company Audi drivers downsizing to a Golf GTE?
  • bol

The time has finally come to order my new lease car. I’d been waiting for the Golf GTE to launch before deciding. Drove it earlier in the week and it seems the perfect compromise for me, apart from the relatively small bike space in the back. It’ll still fit my road bike with wheels on though, so not awful. Anyone else going for one?

Drac

Thought about one but the real figures in tests didn’t impress me enough so I’m waiting for a GTD to be delivered.

bol

It fits the profile of my driving pretty well. Mainly short trips in town, with a 100 mile round trip once a week where I can often recharge at the other end. I imagine I’ll average about 80mpg not including equivalent electric costs. It’ll also save me over £100 a month in tax next year if I’ve done my sums right. I’d have gone for another deisel if I did a lot of motorway miles.

Drac

Sounds ideal for you then.

Be good to hear what you get MPG wise as 80 seems ambitious but I suppose it could be possible.

bol

It might be ambitious, particularly in the winter when it’s likely to arrive. I should do almost all my local driving on electric though*, which was registering 300mpg on my test drive!

Edit: *once the novelty of the GTE button wears off.

Drac

Hahaha! Yeah around the doors they should be pretty good.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Just gone from a Passat to a new Golf GTD, wouldn’t swap it for anything. Absolutely lovely car, and because I got a smaller car I upgraded all the extras as well 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any of you company Audi drivers downsizing to a Golf GTE?’ is closed to new replies.