Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Any Nurses? A & E in particular
  • trailhunter
    Free Member

Funky dunc, I do have lots of questions regarding hospital costs which you can advise me on. Here are some for you.

1 : Cost of CT scan to a hospital(NHS Obviously)
    2 : Estimated cost of keeping someone in hospital, per night?

I’ve looked into this quite alot and do have some rough idea, but it would be great to hear from someone direct.

Cheers

Chris

dr_death
    Free Member

Estimates of ct scan price vary at about a couple of hundred quid depending who you ask, likewise a stay in hospital varies from 2-5 hundred depending who you ask….

paulosoxo
    Free Member

What about 5 weeks on ICCU, MRI, CT scan, Gamma Camera, course of Intravenous immunoglobulin, and loads of Calpol?

🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scaredypants

it’s the calpol that wiped out that budget, I reckon

trailhunter
    Free Member

From what I’ve been told the a ct scan costs around £50.00 to the hospital. This is for staff/electricity etc/machine maintenance. This is during the day when staff are operating the machine routinely. Sounds rather cheap but I’ve seen it costed on 2 cost reports from 2 major hospitals.

glupton1976
    Free Member

What about the cost of buying or renting the machine on top of the other stuff you’ve mentioned?

glupton1976
    Free Member

“There is wide variation in utilisation rates of MRI and CT scanning machines. However, because there is no central collection of data, individual trusts cannot compare their utilisation rates and costs with other trusts in order to improve efficiency. Trusts report their average costs per scan, but they do so differently. In 2008-09, the average cost per CT scan ranged from £54 to £268; and, for MRI, it was between £84 and £472 per scan. However, for radiotherapy, the Department of Health has developed a dataset which will enable comparisons to be made about efficiency and utilisation between radiotherapy treatment centres.” National Audit Office.

http://www.nao.org.uk/publications/1011/nhs_high_value_equipment.aspx

dr_death
    Free Member

But Paul, you’re worth it!

trailhunter
    Free Member

Who knows, I’m guessing these costs are once the hospital own the equipment, operating costs I guess.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

dr_death – Member
    But Paul, you’re worth it!
    POSTED 15 SECONDS AGO # REPORT-POST

If you knew then, how much I’d go on about it. You’d not have bothered. X

jet26
    Free Member

Glupton/Dr death you can see the acetabular component, and the cement around it – metal on poly bearing. Plus the femoral head is smaller than that for a hemi. And hemi’s look different.

Agree left side suspicious, although needs another view.

OP apologies, this does not help you!

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Any Nurses? A & E in particular’ is closed to new replies.