Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any NS Surge 2 owners able to tell me if a 8" rotor fits?
  • YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

As per title, I am about to buy a used Large Surge 2 frame (2012?) and all can find is 185mm max rotor size. This is normally because of the warranty of the frame…I need to run my 203mm Hooe V2 rotor because I don’t have the funds to go buying a 185mm for this frame which isn’t going to be built for long.

So my question is..will the 203mm go on there rub free?

Cheers,

mikewsmith
    Free Member

all can find is 185mm max rotor size. This is normally because of the warranty of the frame

I’ve only ever seen limits on forks for warranties and sometimes on really light things. The SC Blur LT’s we have are 185mm due to space issues and you wont get a 200 in the stays and the 183’s will take bits out if it’s not dropped in straight. Looking at some pics it looks more like that would be the case.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I haven’t tried it, but I doubt I could fit one in.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Bugger.

If anyone can have a best guess by looking at your frame I’d appreciate it. Having to spend another £40 on top of the price of the frame makes it too expensive for me.

Cheers

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Morning bump..

I’m thinking the 203mm rotor may just fit with the wheel in the rearward position.

Can anyone confirm please?

Cheers,

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

if it’s a budget issue, why not just buy a 8.99 160mm rotor from superstar?

Or am I missing something here?

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

I run Hope V2’s they use a specific rotor with a deep braking surface. If I use ‘normal’ rotors it will reduce the power of the brake and trash my pads quicker.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I can take a look at mine later after Work.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Scott that would be excellent. Thanks!

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

man, it’s gonna be tight,but I think with the wheel at the furthest point you will just fit it in.

let me know how you get on.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Scott, that’s brilliant. It means I will hopefully be able to ride the frame while I hunt for a used (cheap’ish) 185mm V2 rotor.

Thanks again, Jay

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any NS Surge 2 owners able to tell me if a 8" rotor fits?’ is closed to new replies.