Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Any Nicolai Helius AC owners?
  • dazzlingboy

Looking for someone with experience of the Helius AC. I’ve got both the AM (old geometry) and a CC. Rarely ride the AM here but after 2 weeks razzing it in the Alps I came home and rode my CC – normally my favourite bike – but am just not liking it. Just feels too steep, too short. I’ve dropped the CC travel to the second hole, which reduces the travel to only 116mm and is supposed to slacken the angles, but I can’t say I notice the difference. I could fit a 140mm fork (currently 120mm) – would that make a noticeable difference to head angle? I could fit a longer stem to stretch it out but it has a 75mm on it now, and I wouldn’t want anything much longer I don’t think.

Basically I want the weight of the CC with the angles of my AM. Does that mean I need an AC? I’m struggling with the idea of spending a load of dosh (would have to sell the CC for sure) but is it worth it? I’ve never seen or spoken to an AC owner never mind ridden one. I love Nicolai bikes and would take another in a heartbeat if money allowed, but does anyone have experience of the AC?

ianpinder
    Free Member

I’m not sure he has seen this, but speak to geetee about what he did with his am. He basically turned his am into an ac.

Also look on here…

There are a few owners around, many post on here too. Probably just missed the thread

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Any Nicolai Helius AC owners?’ is closed to new replies.