Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any nice 3×10 hard wearing chainsets out there?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

other than shimano, the colour wears quickly on the crank arms and i never bother with helitape on the cranks

id love xtr but cant justify the cost? what are the alternatives for around 150-200?

i know the shimano ones are hard to beat really in xt form for the cost but there must be something equivalent out there?

honourablegeorge

Finish on SLX lasts pretty well.

br
    Free Member

i never bother with helitape on the cranks

People helitape cranks ? 😯

BadlyWiredDog

Does anyone know how I can stop the anodising wearing off my chain-rings where they contact the chain-links? The fading looks horrible and helitape takes ages to cut to the right shape then only lasts a few pedal strokes before coming off. Surely there must be a better, more durable solution?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers bwd 🙁

seriously though, the amount worn on my black xt’s after just 4 or 5 months is scary….

i dont bother with helitape on them, i expect to get some wear for sure, but i would like them to at least last a full year without looking about 10 years old 🙁

Murray

lol BWD!

bigyinn
    Free Member

BadlyWiredDog – Member

Does anyone know how I can stop the anodising wearing off my chain-rings where they contact the chain-links? The fading looks horrible and helitape takes ages to cut to the right shape then only lasts a few pedal strokes before coming off. Surely there must be a better, more durable solution?
    Silver rings FTW! 😆

neninja
    Free Member

i never bother with helitape on the cranks

People helitape cranks ?

I must confess I put Crank Skins on my XT crank arms. Apart from the usual knocks on the ends from hitting them on rocks etc, it’s stopped the wear from shoes. They come ready cut specifically for different cranks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any nice 3×10 hard wearing chainsets out there?’ is closed to new replies.