Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any New York hotel recommendations?
  • breatheeasy
    Free Member

Got a few days planned in New York coming up with the family. Trip Advisor has spooked Mrs Breathe on one we were planning on in Times Square.

Anyone have any gems they’d like to share. Ideally fairly central, budget not massive issue but need family room.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Used to use the Mela hotel a lot as it was across the road from my US office at a previous employer.

Very pleasant, nothing too flash, not too expensive, great location on W44th. Not sure if they have a family room or not though.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Cheers, one shall find out about family room!

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve always stopped at places like the Hilton in New York, not much more than a standard hotel and a nice place to be.

marvincooper

Stayed at the Empire last year, nice location near Central Park and near the subway. Liked it a lot

TrekEX8
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry too much about hotels in NYC, if you’re doing it right you won’t be in there too long anyway.

BigJohn

Go to the Chelsea on 23rd Street and ask to stay in the room where Did Vicious killed Nancy

robbo1234biking

We stayed in the Casablanca which was right next to Times Square. Was really nice and a good location. This was on our honeymoon 7 years ago so I don’t know how it has changed since then.

ON Trip Advisor it is No. 3 so cant be doing too bad

tuboflard

Arlo SoHo was coming in at a good price recently as booked it for January. Not sure if they do family rooms though.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Waldorf Astoria on Park Avenue between 49th & 50th street- public rooms are magnificent but when we stayed in 2015 the guest rooms looked like they hadn’t been touched since about 1980…

Looks like they’re onto it now, closed for refurb for up to 3 years 😯

LeeW

Always stop at the hotel W in Hoboken, Not central by any stretch but really easy to get in to town on the path or even the bus. And Hoboken is great, really cool atmosphere.

johnx2
    Free Member

This place was okay:

http://www.affinia.com/fifty

Free wine in the evenings. I don’t think they quite realise that this enables british couples to pretty much break even on the deal…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any New York hotel recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.