Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any new BOS dealers/service in the UK?
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

Just had the Kirk pedal lever snapped off by my shorts and have pinged jungle an email. I’ll try and get it warrantied but I’d rather just get it sorted quickly and I’m wondering if anyone has access to parts at all? It’s the metal shaft that the lever attaches to that’s snapped.

Also looking at servicing… Plush suspension want £135 plus postage both ways! Anyone else able to do it?

Should have got rockshox. It works amazingly well but I’m not sure it’s a long term proposition.

jamj1974

James @ J-Tech services Bos and frankly does a brilliant job.

bruneep

top of my head I would try

Loco
    Jungle
    Mad Elk cycles
    J-Tech
    RSF suspension (I think)

RickDraper
    Free Member

You need a authorised service centre for that so Jungle or Mad Elk.

lerk
    Free Member

You snapped it off with your shorts and you want it warrantied???

julians
    Free Member

Cant see how thats a warranty job,but qs others have suggested you need one if the official importers.so either mad elk or jungle.

For what its worth mad elk quoted me £80 for a service on my kirk, which is comparable to the costs from the other big players for the other brands

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Didn’t know about mad elk cheers. Personally i think the lever is positioned badly and shouldn’t be breaking through normal use… Not fit for purpose. Maybe lerk and julians think otherwise, but I’m far from the only person who’s had this problem.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Snapped the compression lever on your Bos Kirk shock? We've developed an uprated stainless steel shaft and a shorter alloy lever, so you don't have the same problem again! #britishengineeringatitsbest

Posted by J-TECH Suspension on Monday, December 7, 2015

J-Tech make an uprated one.

Good luck with the warranty, I think you might struggle with catching a lever with your shorts & snapping it being classed as normal use. That’s the same as crashing & breaking something, then trying to claim it’s not fit for purpose.

Yes it may be a little fragile, but if you hadn’t damaged it, it would still be working…

Rorschach
    Free Member

Re warranty.
    Personally I’d argue either a) Your shock is badly positioned and so the bike is not fit for purpose or b) Your shorts are badly positioned and not fit for purpose.
    You could pursue the manufacturers for the repair costs maybe.

eshershore
    Free Member

did the same thing to the remote on my Reverb, stood up to pedal, snagged on my baggy shorts and snapped clean off

sent back to SRAM / Fishers expecting to pay for repair, they did it free of charge; totally unexpected but great customer service

not sure if a smaller company like BOS has the pockets to do repairs out of “goodwill”?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

That jtech part looks bang on ta, I’ll get in touch with them.

Wouldn’t be stw without half the replies focussing on a side issue and not the main question now would it?! 🙂 I’ll cope with the warranty issue.

Thanks again.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any new BOS dealers/service in the UK?’ is closed to new replies.