Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Any must visit bike shops in London?
  • clubby

Heading down to London next week for a few days. Not been in years and was wondering are there any must visit shops that stock stuff that you just don’t see anywhere else?

lazybike
    Free Member

stuff that you just don’t see anywhere else?

not sure about that, but Condors worth a look for road stuff….

Karinofnine

Don’t know about stuff you don’t see anywhere else, but Condor is awesome, and Bikefix often have recumbents and cargo bikes in, but I find the staff surly.

lazybike
    Free Member

but I find the staff surly.

you’re not the only one!

fenred
    Free Member

Little bit OT. But I was in Victoria cycle surgery this week and they are displaying a very handsome pinny dogma in sky colours…. a snip at 9k

brakes
    Free Member

Mosquito on Essex Road has some nice bicycles

Karinofnine

Oh, I had forgotten about Mosquito! I used to go in there when I worked nearby, the staff then were very knowledgeable and welcoming. Is it a co-op? I think I remember it was years ago.

qwerty
    Free Member

shops that stock stuff that you just don’t see anywhere else?

Velorution
    18 Great Titchfield Street
    London
    W1W 8BD

crikey
    Free Member

I went to Condor last time I was there and was underwhelmed. It really isn’t all that as a roadie shop.

flap_jack
    Free Member

Second Bikefix. Full of the craziest bikes you’ll encounter. I had no problems with the staff, but then I did spend a wad on the poshest Birdy…

RoterStern
    Free Member

Oh, I had forgotten about Mosquito! I used to go in there when I worked nearby, the staff then were very knowledgeable and welcoming. Is it a co-op? I think I remember it was years ago.

No it isn’t a co-op but Brixton Cycles is. Both worth having a look though more for the friendly banter than anything else. Mosquito have some nice Moots and Ibis bikes in the shop. But if you are looking for anything purely MTB you might be a bit disappointed.

rootes1

Velorution
    18 Great Titchfield Street
    London
    W1W 8BD

Fantastic range of bikes but run by an ‘a hole’..

“have you got one of these in stock?” pointing to a part on my Brompton… answer “They don’t make them” “erm there is one on my bike”

If on the other hand you are posh totty “looking to like you know by a bike for the kids” when the Range Rover is out of action then it is just the place

If you are in London for a few days far many more interesting things to go look at than bike shops…

hock

EDIT oh 😳 thought nobody had replied yet…

do like Velorution! 😀

this used to be my school run tool:

THAT’s a sklack head angle by the way! 😛

so what the others said plus maybe

Tokyo Fixed Gear – this is rather urban bike themed

Herne Hill – specialized in commuter bikes

Look mum no hands – bike themed cafe come workshop or the other way round

and maybe the

Specialized Conceptstore Covent Garden ?!

theflatboy
    Free Member

i would say mosquito as well, moots, merlin, indie fab and lots more. that’s where i got my merlin, though the staff aren’t the most jovial all the time.

bucko118
    Free Member

You should check out Bikelab alot of nice roadies and mtbs in there:

http://www.bikelab.co.uk/

eshershore
    Free Member

never liked the bad attitude at Condor

a while back, my French buddy and I poppped into the store with our mountain bikes

the stuffy staffer took one look at our bikes (both high-end suspension bikes and no mud in sight!) and said “we don’t really serve your type in here, its probably better to try somewhere else?”

funny that, because I wanted to buy another pair of Condor road shorts (already bought 4 pairs) to wear on my road bike for my daily commuting

mudmonster
    Free Member

Velorution has moved to great portland st now. Not sure of the number but it’s just before it turns into a one way street

piha
    Free Member

Would say that Mosquito is worth a visit and they have some lovely stuff in their shop but the attitude of the staff really can put you off (and that’s after spending a considerable amount of money with them).

Rochey
    Free Member

Sigma sports worth a visit.

mrseymour
    Free Member

bucko118 – Member
    You should check out Bikelab alot of nice roadies and mtbs in there:

http://www.bikelab.co.uk/

I agree, well worth a look

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Except that neither Sigma nor Bikelab are in London! 🙂

Good shops, though…

Basil

Brick Lane?

rootes1

poor show if all the capital can offer is a tour of bike shops…

clubby

Wasn’t after a tour of shop, just wanted to know if any were worth a visit if I was in the vicinity. Staying in Covent Garden so may check out Specialized store, plus Mosquito sounds good if I’m near. Cheers guys.

mrseymour
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Except that neither Sigma nor Bikelab are in London!

Good shops, though…

Confused?

I live in the London Borough of Richmond, so Bikelab is in London

jambon
    Free Member

Brick Lane?

Ha, ha, ha!!!!

Or the second hand (stolen) shop at Elephant and Castle. There’s one in the ever attractive Walworth too.

I do genuinely like Brixton Cycles but not worth a detour.

Evans have done their best to put all of the other shops out of business too.

podman
    Free Member

Clubby, as you’re premier you get free cake with your first coffee, or free beer with a pie at Look Mum No Hands! Surely that makes it work it for the trip alone!

I keep meaning to visit, but my Premier card is buried at home somewhere, and I don’t know if they’d believe my pleading!

TiRed

For something completely different… London Recumbents

MountainMutant
    Free Member

http://bespokecycling.com/

Leave wallet at home…or end up like all the previous visitors (living on the streets)

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Any must visit bike shops in London?’ is closed to new replies.