Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any MS Word/MS Exchange experts out there?
  • winston_dog
    Free Member

When I am out of the office and connected to the internet, everytime I open a Word document, my PC connects to the exchange server to download the template or something.

This is annoying even with a relatively fast connection but it is torture when it is a slow network.

This happens even if I open a document from my C drive, if it was created on an on of our templates.

I have checked the options in Word but cannot see anything obvious. Also I tried Google with no success.

Any ideas?

samuri
    Free Member

It opens exchange? Document exchange or do you mean Outlook?

winston_dog
    Free Member

samuri – For example if someone sends me an attachment that has been created using on of our Company templates.

Even if I save it first, when I open it, the MS Word Intro box that opens in the middle of the screen, which normally disappears after a couple of seconds, ahngs there and says “contacting //……” with the name of our Exchange server, it will stay like until it gets a response and then opens the document normally.

It does not do this if I am not connected to the internet.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Greybeard
    Free Member

When you have one of the documents open, look in Macros and see if there are any that run automatically. Which version of Word?

footflaps

Some weird corporate setting, does this happen with colleagues machines?

winston_dog
    Free Member

It is Word 2010.

There are no macros running or in the document.

I am sure it is something to do with the template because it only does it when there is a template referenced in the File>Properties info.

Trampus
    Free Member

Have a look in the ‘options/file locations/templates’ settings and see where that steers you, then adjust if necessary.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any MS Word/MS Exchange experts out there?’ is closed to new replies.