Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any Mountain Biking In Or Near Alicante Spain
  • grantway
    Free Member

Is there any good Mountain Biking in or near Alicante
    Links and pics be great.
    I have seen the lycra clad XC guys going across fields but not into that.

Driving not a problem

hels
    Free Member

How far are you prepared to drive ?

Sierra Espuna has some cracking trails, all centring on the village of El Berro. I used to live out there.

Couple of hours drive from Alicante – an hour or two down the big E motorway, get off at Alhama de Murcia then 30 mins drive up the mountain.

Google “Gebas” there is a hotel there that does guiding and “Camping Sierra Espuna” they do some ride outs from there.

The locals do tend to mince around across fields on hartdails it’s true ! But there is some well proper stuff out there.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Try this one, if the trails are as good as the one we went to at Els Ports, you won’t be disappointed.
    El Comtat

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grantway
    Free Member

Cool guys and thank you
    I have just bought a place near Guardamar

Murcia not a problem to drive to, Mrs had me driving to IKEA in Murcia a few times
    is about 1hr20 mins on motorway links
    But happy to drive for longer

Very grateful of quick info

d45yth
    Free Member

Look up Almanzora, don’t think it’s far from where you’re looking at. It’s in the Sierras de los Filabres, I’m spending Xmas and New Year there with Mountain Biking Spain.

grantway
    Free Member

Cheers guys i will print off these and take a trip around.
    Have you heard of Mountain biking in Dolores as have
    heard there is a mountain there and anyone explored it.

joeegg
    Free Member

Sierra Espuna is the place to be.Don’t bother looking anywhere else.
    Steve Wade,a partner in Orange bikes has a house there,and they normally do rides every Sat morning from the campsite in El Berro ,around 10am.They may also do a couple during the week depending who’s available.You may get to see some Orange prototypes.
    I’ve visited many times and the riding is superb.Forget trail centres in the UK,they just don’t compare.
    If you’re on your own a good starting off point is the Centro Interepretacion,which is on the main road through the park.There are 3 info boards in the car park which you can use for Biking routes,but its better to hook up with some locals.The Fuente Hilo bar close to the info centre is a meeting place for bikers on Sunday mornings,normally about 12.
    Simon,a spanish guy ,is usually at the campsite bar on Saturday mornings,with Steve Wade,and possibly one or two more Spanish.
    Steve would love more British bikers to come out and explore the Espuna.

Mackem

I heard Steve Wade would prefer to keep the place a secret.

anyway, yes it’s damn good riding there, pretty easy to just make things up as you go along, plenty of signage if you do get lost.

Miguelo

You can find locals on this forum:

foromtb

Go to the “enduro” section.
    Or try the routes section (rutas y quedadas)for your area (Zona Levantina, Comunidad Valenciana, Región de Murcia)

grantway
    Free Member

Thank you Miguelo much appreciated thank you

Mugboo

Martin who runs Xabia bikes is a top bloke. We bobbed in for some advice and he invited us along for a ride.

The ride was extremely rocky and the last section to the harbour (sworn to secrecy) was truly techy with a death as a payback. Not all of our Euro cousins wear lyrca and mince round fields…

A word of warning. The Xabia/Denia area has no features, plant or rock that won’t insist on removing your skin! Death by a thousand cuts.. 🙂

OrangeChammy
    Free Member

The Almanzora valley is cool. My folks live in Zurgena (about 10min from the motorway, 1hr from Almeria, 1.50hrs south of Alicante). The hills are not too high, but as it is officially the hottest part of Europe, there is little vegetation, you can literally hike/ride up the hills and follow the ridges. I stuggle to find maps but navigation is fairly simple – just head for the highest peak and look around. I have a few wee loops I do out there and all are ridable and better than anything in Scotland that I have done, never see an MTBer on the trails (as it is pretty hot) maybe just the odd enduro rider and hiker. The terrain is really good and later in year is better – August never drops below 35c, October is like a great summer here. There is also plenty of riding close by, you can head to Baza which is eastern edge of Sierra Nevada, of to coast near Mojacar there is some really big hills and nice trails.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any Mountain Biking In Or Near Alicante Spain’ is closed to new replies.