Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any Mobile Phone Engineers? Advice Needed
  • uphilla
    Free Member

Hi, got an LG Renoir, the software has been completely wiped by the LG update software – tried one repair shop who said they could re-flash the software, but they failed – said something about security settings would not let them. I don’t understand these things, is the phone a write off or can anything be done.
    Although the phone is only a month old LG will not help because, although I had the phone new I did not buy it and therefore do not have receipt and original buyer did not keep it.
    Any advice ideas welcome, thanks

dooosuk
    Free Member

So it sounds like you bought the phone off someone who didn’t want his upgrade…so it’s second hand but essentially brand new.

Did you unlock the phone to use it on a different network? I can’t believe a standard update from LG would wipe the phone unless you’re somehow using it in a way they intended you not to.

Anyway, the answer to your question is…I doubt it’s a write off. There’s some clever folk about and someone will probably be able to re-flash it. Just spend sometime Googling or on a phone forum and I’m sure you’ll find a more skilled repair shop.

uphilla
    Free Member

Thanks – for the help guys, that is encouraging. Yes, the phone was an ‘unwanted upgrade’, unopened and brand new. Clearly something went wrong with the update, but I am not sure what I could have differently. Found other users that had problems with LG update software.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any Mobile Phone Engineers? Advice Needed’ is closed to new replies.