Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Any MMA fans on here?
  • bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Love the ground game part of mma. But then again I’m biased 😉

Pigface
    Free Member

No great fan of MMA but it does take a huge ammount of skill and training to compete. The PRIDE stuff was no better than human dog fighting IMO or going to the circus in Rome.

The arguments trotted out against boxing dont really stand up considering boxing has been around for over 100 years.

The bit I dont get is that people are regarded as greats and have only fought 12 times. Crocop was an extraordinary fighting machine. What ever happened to him?

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

im not surprised with a name like that 😆

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

they may have only 12 fights with one organisation or as a pro but many many as an amateur, none go into this sport untested!

muddyfunster
    Free Member

Pigface

Crocop was an extraordinary fighting machine. What ever happened to him?

He went into the UFC and got dusted right away. Bit too old, bit to set in his ways and self trained. Like a lot of Pride stars he was built up on a lot of hype and fought hand picked opponents more for spectacle than legitimate challenge.

The arguments trotted out against boxing dont really stand up considering boxing has been around for over 100 years.

If you look at stats, comparing boxing and mma, just over the last ten – twenty years you will see that there have been only two fatalities at sanctioned mma events. There have been many, many times more in boxing over the same period.

There are many arguements and they stand up well.

The PRIDE stuff was no better than human dog fighting IMO or going to the circus in Rome.

Disagree. There was a deliberate spectacle element to some fights but many were great mma bouts.

velomanic
    Free Member

I’ve been enjoying the live streaming of Cage Warriors through the MMA Junkie website.

Commentary by Josh Palmer and John Gooden is always first class.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Any MMA fans on here?’ is closed to new replies.