Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Any Mitsubishi L200 owners here?
  • hora
    Free Member

Reading the latest Car Mechanics mag and there are some pics of a L200 owners vehicle post-axle bolt failure 😯

Apperently all should have been recalled and these replaced. His wasn't, rear axle seperated and the prop shaft decided to pole-vault the car

Candodavid
    Free Member

age of vehicles concerned please??

hora
    Free Member
    Candodavid
    Free Member

Thanks

hora
    Free Member

Nay probs

yoshimi

Erm I've got a 57 plate and never been recalled

hora
    Free Member

Pop into WHSmiths and scroll through to the readers section.

There are pics of where the L200 had flipped (at a mere 40) and landed upside down on the central barrier of a A road. The owner/children had a lucky escape and guess what Mitsubishi said? 'Claim off your insurer'.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

There are pics of where the L200 had flipped (at a mere 40) and landed upside down on the central barrier of a A road.

To be fair, that will happen to any 4×4 if its driven like a car.

For what its worth, my old boss had an L200 – it was the most shockingly unreliable car imaginable. His went through several gearboxes, numerous turbos, an engine… Eventually the dealership gave him a whole new one (!) which then also blew up. Now, it was towing a heavy trailer every day as it was used for work, but even so, it wasn't undue usage for a vehicle of that type. I wouldn't buy one.

hora
    Free Member

To be fair, that will happen to any 4×4 if its driven like a car.

Driver noted a rumbling jerking noise and decided to slow asap and investigate. Got down to 40 before it happened.

trail_rat
    Free Member

my dads company had one for a while on an early 03 place- steering rack went TWICE. didnt see mega rough stuff just building site inspection. it was replaced with a fiesta

hora
    Free Member

Err this is a PSA thread guys not a slagging off/'I want one' thread 😕 😆

mtbfix

Err this is a PSA thread guys not a slagging off/'I want one' thread

How long have you been on here? All threads degenerate into personal attacks within the first page. It is in the rules or something….

hora
    Free Member

That is a very good point actually

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Found the Outlander to be one of the worst 4×4's I've ever had the misfortune to drive. Turbo failures,turbo pipe failures, oil dumping sessions and engine failures. Company has gone back to Disco's. I thought Japonese stuff was reliable?

Kuco

I use a L200 for work and it's crap. I had one of the tracking rods fall a part luckily in a field if it had been 5 minutes earlier It would of happend when I was going down the dual carriage way at 50mph.

Would never advise anyone to buy one. Oh and I have been told it's replacement will be an Outlander 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Any Mitsubishi L200 owners here?’ is closed to new replies.