Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any Mechanics in the House.
  • scholarsgate
    Free Member

The wife had her Toyota Corolla Verso serviced. It's done 30,000 miles they said it needed new brake pads.

Does this seem reasonable or are the just looking for work?

trail_rat
    Free Member

depends how she drives surely … drive how you get taught these days and its highly likely …

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

i reckon thats about right, think i needed mine changing at 25k-30k intervals. if theres a lot of town driving in those 30k then i'd say thats fair.

Doug
    Free Member

drive how you get taught these days and its highly likely …

Clutch should last a bit longer though. Think I'd rather change the pads 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

eh ?

when i was taught to drive in 03 it was a case of oh there is a 30 sign coming up you had to stay at 60 till you were damn near on the sign and nearly put the instructor through the dash – according to him …

now its oh theres a 30 sign – let off the loud pedal and the car will slow down its self …

girlfriend had a different instructor and drives like i was taught … conspirousy between instructors and car garages im sure !

_tom_
    Free Member

^I wasn't taught to drive like that at all. My test was in 2006.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Dead easy to replace the pads on a Corolla. Do it yourself.

You should also be able to see if they need replacing without even taking the wheel off. Just look through the alloy spokes and see how much depth there is left.

My bet is you've still got a fair few months left on them yet. Just keep an eye on them.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

dooosuk,

That's what I've been told by someone else.

lotus777
    Free Member

30,000 miles is not bad at all for a set of pads

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any Mechanics in the House.’ is closed to new replies.