Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Any mechanical engineers know about emigrating to Oz?
  • stupot
    Free Member

Any one been through this?
    I am a chartered engineer, whose degree is not on the washington accord list. I am aiming to get a 190 visa. I think my degree not being on the washington accord means I can’t get my skills assessed as easily, but the guidence seems unclear in this situation.

squirrelking
    Free Member

By not being on the accord I assume you mean it’s not accredited by the EC?

Don’t have anything to contribute to be honest but this seems to have turned up at a convenient moment as I’m handing in a short essay on professional engineer licensing on Thursday and free movement of labour is one of my topics.

stupot
    Free Member

Yep, my degree wasn’t accredited by the EC the year I started. it has since been reviewed and following accademic assesment deemed acceptable(no further learning required) for becoming chartered.
    Unfortunatly the Washington Accord seems to only apply to a set list of degrees, and mine isn’t on that list.
    I can do a skills assesment with Engineers Australia, but this is a substantial piece of work,i.e. seems considerably more time consuming than doing the UK CEng application.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Any mechanical engineers know about emigrating to Oz?’ is closed to new replies.