Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Any Marreid Folk NOT have a joint account.
  • takisawa2

While he is, no doubt, giving out good advice; I really cant stand that Martin Lewis bloke.

No joit acc's here. Married for 5yrs next wk.

samuri
    Free Member

We have three joint accounts for different things. She has her own seperate account that I can't see on my online portal into which her wages are paid.

Not that bothered really.

tonyg2003

Always had only a single joint account. 18years together. The wife used to earn more than me but now I earn more than her. I have a fairly serious bike habit – but so does she, so never any arguements. I guess that we are fortunately fairly comfortably off so money never comes up as a issue. I suppose you need similar views / spending habits to make it work but I never feel like I'd need to hide anything from her.

One of my mates has a bike shop and on about 50% of all bigger bike purchases he writes out two reciepts. One for the cusomter, one for their other half. I also have mates with bikes kept away from their home to hide them from there missus. Crazy really.

spooky_b329

I've had a joint account with the gf since we first lived together. Had our own accounts, and set up a standing order into for about 75% of our salaries into the joint account. Got to the point where if the joint account was running low, whoever had the most money would top it up.

Since then (8 years ago), we've moved over to getting our salaries paid directly into the joint account, still have our own accounts but they are pretty much dormant. The only downside is its impossible to transfer money out for presents/gifts etc as we can both see everything. Plus side is if she wants to get married, its going to be a joint saving up thing. For a couple of months earlier this year, each time I had some spare cash, I'd plan to open a seperate savings account to start saving for 'the big day' but then she'd remember I had £30 cash and ask for it so she could pay for something, so in the end I just came clean and told her we'd have to save up together 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

What GrahamS and several others do. Works fine for us.

lovewookie

We have a joint account, but I also have my own overdraft 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Any Marreid Folk NOT have a joint account.’ is closed to new replies.