Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 369 total)
  • Any Manchester United Supporters in?
  • bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Boom boom!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not a chance that could happen. Bayern to get a bye perhaps, but the tie will go ahead. Would ManU be happy to be let back at Basel’s expense, given that Basel aren’t at fault.

donsimon
    Free Member

20 million reasons for saying yes and it’s a Swiss problem caused by a Swiss team for the Swiss federation to sort, which of course they will. Rules is rules, personally I’m not bothered ‘cos I’m Man U ’til I die.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Still not gonna happen. I hate to see ManU fans looking so desperate. It’s a real sign of how threatened they must feel by the noisy neighbours 😀

Andyhilton
    Free Member

As a City fan I love seeing Manyoo fans looking so desperate.

Elfin – Do you have no shame. A cockney Liverpool fan…

donsimon
    Free Member

Who’s desperate?
    It’s a BBC story, or are the BBC Man Utd fans too?
    I just like winding the haterz up a little.

Coyote
    Free Member

As a “Manyoo” fan, it would be quite nice to add the Europa Cup to the collection.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Not a hater here. I love it when non mancs chirp on about utd though. Glory hunting days are over fellas.

donsimon
    Free Member

Non mancs?
    And from which part of the illustrious city do you hail?
    And of course you fall foul of only mancs can be associated with Manchester clubs with the acceptance of any non manc investment, or is that ok?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

elf – if you’re seriously suggesting that our win over Arsenal was more significant than the dicking by city, you know f all about football. I was at (and stayed to the end of) both games. Even now when I think of the derby I feel physically sick. That will not change until we’ve done the same to them. And I doubt that will be any time soon. You, on the other hand, couldn’t point at liverpool on a map and wouldn’t be able to find your way to anfield without a tour guide.

Ooh, somebody’s not a Happy Bunny, are they? 😆

The City battering may be of greater immediate significance to fayns of Manchester clubs, but in the greater scheme of things (y’know, outside of Manchester, like…), more people will see the 8-2 spanking as more significant in terms of the rivalry between the top two clubs of the last twenty years; Man U showed who was boss, in that respect. Arsenal have always been knocking at the door, but it’s Man U who have proved to be the dominant club.

As a fayn of neither club, I’d say the 8-2 was a more significant result historically. And there were far more fayns of other clubs talking about that result, than they did about the City game. See, I’m looking at it from an objective viewpoint, not from the bitter angry perspective of someone who gets wound up whenever they see anything that’s pale blue in colour. Try stepping out of your (corporate prawn sandwich) box once in a while, you might learn something… 😉

As for the ‘tour guide’ bit (oh how so very predictable, well done, mustuv taken you ages to think that one up, I bet your so proud of yourself for your razor-like wit and originality… 🙄 ); what I’d do, is I’d have a look on Google Maps, check out the transport info for Liverpool, work out the best way to get to the ground. Reckon I should be able to find it quite easily; after all, Liverpool’s not quite as massive a city as London. 🙂

Elfin – Do you have no shame

Yes, quite frankly. 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh, and if FC Basel are ejected cos of the actions of another club, then that’s an utter disgrace and will discredit the entire competition. They’ve done nothing wrong, done everything to qualify for the next stage, so why shoon’t they have their chance?

Is it cos Man Yoo offered Sepp some Prawn Sarnies?

RustySpanner

As a Mancunian Sheff U fan (blame my dad), I can honestly say I’ve always far preferred the company of Man United fans to that of Cityists.

Blues are invariable nasty, spiteful, bitter individuals, happier glorying in the defeat of their rivals rather than celebrating their own, modest achievements.

I have no idea whether this is due to historical imperative, or whether generations of self hating misanthropes have naturally gravitated toward City as a way of reinforcing and justifying their all encompassing loathing of the world.

No offence.

donsimon
    Free Member

They’ve done nothing wrong, done everything to qualify for the next stage, so why shoon’t they have their chance?

Not a valid argument I’m afraid.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Not a valid argument I’m afraid.

Oh no, course not. Another team doing better at Man Yoo’s expense, oh no, that’s never going to be a ‘valid argument’, is it? 🙄

Talk about clutching at straws…

Youse weren’t good enough to qualify for the next stage. You don’t deserve to be in it. Basel do. They beat you. Simple as that.

I can’t think of a more ‘valid argument’ than one team beating another, really.

donsimon
    Free Member

I can’t think of a more ‘valid argument’ than one team beating another, really.

It’ a Swiss federation sanction and not a Basel sanction IF it goes through. While Basel have done nothing wrong and probably don’t deserve it, I think we can say life sucks.
    Didn’t the whole of the England suffer from a Europe wide ban that was generated by one single clubs’ fan’s misbehaviour?
    It’s the rules and the rough has to be taken with the smooth. Don’t forget this is a BBC story and not a Man Utd generated story, so you can’t go bleating about Man Utd.
    Felices Fiestas.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

…posted by a desperate ManU fan on a ManU thread.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Didn’t the whole of the England suffer from a Europe wide ban that was generated by one single clubs’ fan’s misbehaviour?

Yes, and it was an utter disgrace that other clubs had to suffer that, when they’d done nowt wrong. Bang out of order.

Can you seriously see FIFA/UEFA imposing such a sanction on English clubs now? No chance. The CL would fall apart. Too much money involved on behalf of English clubs/telly audiences for them to do such a thing. It’s only cos Switzerland are a ‘minnow’ nation that they’d even suggest it.

I hope common sense prevails, and things stand as they are. With the better side progressing. Not the one that lost and don’t deserve to go through.

donsimon
    Free Member

Can you seriously see FIFA/UEFA imposing such a sanction on English clubs now?

If the rules are broken why not?

No chance. The CL would fall apart. Too much money involved on behalf of English clubs/telly audiences for them to do such a thing.

A bit melodramatic and you’re also presuming that english clubs have greater importance than they do.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wunundred!

Is the number of trophies won between Liverpool, Man Yoo and Arse.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

don simon – Member

Non mancs?
    And from which part of the illustrious city do you hail?
    And of course you fall foul of only mancs can be associated with Manchester clubs with the acceptance of any non manc investment, or is that ok?

Non Mancs..yes. I hail from a part of the city called Fallowfield. 10 minutes walk from our old ground. I now live in Sale as it’s a nicer place to live.

You are originally from Wrexham aren’t you? Why don’t you support them?

I always find it strange that people support clubs that they have not geographical or familial ties. I understand why people support non-local teams (usually success). I just don’t think of them as true fans.

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

Just to come back to the ‘significant result’ arguement, I’m not sure I follow the logic that a big team beating a big team is better than a small team beating a big team.
    It was said that it was Man Utd putting Arsenal in their place (or words to that effect), but the 1-6 will be remebered longer than the 8-2. It could be remembered as a sea change in English football, the watershed moment when the balance of power shifted, the moment City finally arrived. Only time will tell on that one. Or it could just be remembered more as a part of sporting folklore in general (outside of Manchester too). I remember Sutton Utd upsetting Coventry in the FA Cup, but I only remember the eventual cup winner because I’m an Everton fan. I remeber Norton’s coin winning the Gold Cup at 100-1, but apart from Shergar and Red Rum I’d be hard pressed to name another horse (ok,Desert Orchid..). Supposed big opponents being turned over make bigger waves.

binners

Never mind all that shit! We should be about three up by now! At least!

donsimon
    Free Member

You are originally from Wrexham aren’t you? Why don’t you support them?

I do, my sweet. Why do you think only people from a particular city or place have the right to support a particular team, it’s a negative argument. Who do you think you are supporting City if you’re not from Gorton, it gets a bit ridiculous, doesn’t it?
    I assume you hate the fact that City is now being built on foreign money and has a business model that is encouraging a wider fan base, yes even people from Fallowfield.

or familial ties. I understand why people support non-local teams (usually success). I just don’t think of them as true fans

Here we have a bit of a fail as you don’t know what you’re talking about here as you don’t know my history or connections, I will forgive you though. 😉 EDIT: I guess you’re right though as the publicity given to George Best and his tv show gave Utd a higher level of exposure.
    Perhaps you’d be better off putting your energy into supporting your own team and not worrying about what the rest of the world is doing.

binners

Should be interesting seeing how van persie plays this afternoon. Will he want to score against the club he’ll be playing for in January. Hmmmmm

binners

That’ll be us top of the table then. I’m really enjoying our terminal decline 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

That’ll be us top of the table then. I’m really enjoying our terminal decline

Glory hunter!

binners

What… EVER!

😛

binners

What… EVER!

😛

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Noisy neighbours back top now.

No Champions League for the rest of the seaon for them, Or for Utd. Best of luck Basel – what a side.

Junkyard
    Free Member

they are no Yeovil though

I can only imagine what it is like for success to be seeing your most hated team fail to hit it’s usual highs.
    Deepest sympathies DD

City are bound to win it sometime with that money and look good for this year – bit of a rebuilding year for us and the injuries are not helping.

donsimon
    Free Member

Best of luck Basel – what a side.

Will they be your new favourite team for the duration?

We actually looked very tidy in parts today Junky.

Junkyard
    Free Member

the opposition played their part though – we will get in champions league and may be competitive this season but I will be surprised if we win the league or anything this year tbh.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jeez, listen to you two. 🙄

I’m not joining in with your petty squabbling. 😛

donsimon
    Free Member

@ ^^^^
    I’m not too sure about the league, I can see City running out of steam.
    Not really important if you have a Plan B.
    ¡Anem!

Junkyard
    Free Member

saddly plan b for me is clwb pel-droed dinas Bangor

FFS I actually spelt it correctly from memory YAH

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No Champions League for the rest of the seaon for them, Or for Utd

TBH, that does not in any way bode well at all for the rest. The League will now be top priority for both teams. I think Man U may possibly have focussed more on the CL campaign, as it’s a more elusive prize to Fergie who must surely want to overhaul Liverpool in that area too.

Bloody Spuds are doing well. If anything, it would be good to see them clinch the title this season* rather than Manchester, as they’ve not spent like Manchester have, and ‘Arry is a fantastic manager. Spuds for the title, then ‘Arry for England once we’ve got rid of that Italian bloke.

*Assuming Liverpool don’t win it of course, which we probably will tbh let’s face it. Just giving the others a head start before going on a mad surge up the table, destroying all in our path. 😀

How many more times will we hit the woodwork this season ffs! 😡 Suarez so unlucky today.

allthepies
    Free Member

8) 😛 😆 8) 😛 😆 8) 😛 😆 8) 😛 😆

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Blimey. Good job it’s only a game, eh??? Well played Blackburn.

Lifer
    Free Member

‘Arry for England

Are you allowed to manage a football team from prison?

Can’t understand why anyone likes Harry Redknapp or wants him to manage their team, he seems to leave a wake of destruction behind him when he’s finished at a club.

And he’s a crook.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 369 total)

The topic ‘Any Manchester United Supporters in?’ is closed to new replies.