Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 369 total)
  • Any Manchester United Supporters in?
  • hora
    Free Member

Thats well put Elf.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Thank you Hora.

the only result that would have hurt more than the city thrashing would be liverpool winning 6-1 against them…..

Which is why I’d say the 8-2 spanking of another historically top club is more significant. It symbolised Man U’s dominance over Arsenal; yeah Arse have had a couple of good spells, but that’s it, the rest has bin Man U, and Arse know it.

Man U can bounce back from a defeat like that, go on and win something, still be right up there. Arse have recovered extremely well, I must say, but after that caning they looked shattered, finished. I reckon had Arsene not pulled it back together the way he has, then he would almost certainly be looking for pastures new. And had that victory brought about the demise of one of English footy’s best ever managers, then that wooduv gone down as one of the most significant games in recent English footy history.

hora
    Free Member

Hi I am a friend of hora. Unfortunately he can no longer speak or move as he had some sort of seizure and as he fell to the floor he said ‘strewth I agreed with Elf, god’ help me’

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😆

Poor Hora. He’s so used to being wrong, that he just can’t handle it when he agrees with someone who is right. His body’s gone into shock. A good swift shoe-ing should help shake him out of it.

I hope he makes a full recovery, and remembers what a kind and generous bloke he is always insisting on buying his mates a pint….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

always insisting on buying his mates a pint….

😀

binners

Hora buying a round. The only time it has ever been witnessed. I think we all need time to inwardly digest what is taking place in that photo. We may never see its likes again

hora
    Free Member

Time to get back in shape.

binners

You’ve definitely let yourself go since your prime

Look at the attention you used to get?

Junkyard
    Free Member

sorry OP missed the entire thread and your ability to gloat over us.
    I will read it later so you can have another win

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

But Bin-Bins, din’t he need a subsidy from you in order to actually get the whole round in?

binners

He did indeed Fred. He hadn’t bought enough money out for a round. Though you’ll note, he is round 😀

hora
    Free Member

Look at the attention you used to get?

Top left lass in the pic ❓

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hora’s round?

cheburashka
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Tevez is doing the right thing by himself if you ask me. Like City actually give a stuff about any of their players anyway; they’re just a bunch of mercenaries to be bought and sold like cattle, and discarded when no longer useful. What they’ve done to players like SWP and several others is disgraceful. Buy them, then deny them the first team top-level footy they deserve according ot their abilities.

The same SWP who ditched City for Chelsea?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, the same one who was not getting many games for Chelsea either, so decided to leave hoping for more first team action. City weren’t the side they are now, when he joined.

trailmonkey

Man City and Spuds are Johnny-come-latelys who have never bin anywhere near either of the other two in terms of achievement.

you are of course talking out of your butt. this is one of the greatest teams ever.

if you’re going to start banging on about how many pots this team have won or that team haven’t then there’s little point dignifying such playground nonsense.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

you are of course talking out of your butt.

No I’m not.

What I said was:

Man City and Spuds are Johnny-come-latelys who have never bin anywhere near either of the other two in terms of achievement.

‘Johnny-come-latelies’ in a contemporary sense in terms of league position; both teams have bin mediocre for decades really, let’s be honest. Spuds have at least won a couple of pots. But neither come anywhere close to Arse or Man U in terms of overall achievements. That’s a fact. You can’t point towards one season and pretend you’re right, you just look silly. So, you’re saying Spuds and City are equal to Arsenal and Man U, are you?

And you accuse me of ‘playground nonsense’?

You really are rather rude, aren’t you?

trailmonkey

So, you’re saying Spuds and City are equal to Arsenal and Man U, are you?

yup that’s exactly what i’m saying. i’d add bolton, blackburn, liverpool, wolves, albion, villa and everton in there too. you can start reeling off how many pots this team have won or haven’t but that’s neither here nor there. all those clubs have produced great sides that dominated their eras and it’s impossible to say how much more they might have achieved had they had the advantages that the modern game has given to those teams at the top.

man utd and arsenal are just having their time in the sun at a very fortuitous time doesn’t make them any more special.

You really are rather rude, aren’t you?

nope just see football history differently to you.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

nope just see football history differently to you.

Well, you were there, I’m far too young to remeber such things. 😉

man utd and arsenal are just having their time in the sun at a very fortuitous time doesn’t make them any more special.

Erm, the fact they’ve won ninety nine trophies just between the two of them does, actually. I’m sorry but it’s true.

Liverpool, well, we know about their greatness. No other clubs come anywhere near them and Arsenal and Man U in terms of overall achievement though, do they? No, they don’t. Thank you.

Those three are way, way ahead of the rest in terms or greatness overall.

But for one who professes to know so much about football, you’ve made one glaring omission.

I’ll leave you to work out who that is. 😉

trailmonkey

But for one who professes to know so much about football

when did i ever claim that ?

if your only measure of ‘greatness’ is the pots that a team garners through history then you’re missing the point

absolute rubbish team………………

to call spurs or man city johnny come latelys was just daft.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Trailmonkey; you’re taking my comments out of the context in which they were intended.

‘Johnny-come-latelies’ in a contemporary sense in terms of league position

IE, Arsenal and Man U have bin at the top or thereabouts for over 20 years at least now, whereas Spuds and City have bin mediocre at best really, over the same period of time. Woon’t you agree?

So, not daft at all, but true.

Have you worked out the glaring omission from your list of ‘great clubs’ yet?

trailmonkey

Arsenal and Man U have bin at the top or thereabouts for over 20 years at least now

so what about blackburn, wolves, villa, albion, everton all in the top flight 120 years later ? some of them still win the odd cup. to me that’s achievement. compared to those clubs, arsenal and man utd are johnny come latelys. murdoch’s money and the ecl has given so much of an advantage to those who were at the top at the time that it’s almost impossible to compare man utd and arsenal with pre prem teams.

Have you worked out the glaring omission from your list of ‘great clubs’ yet?

i dunno, blackpool, burnley, forest ? there are so many

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

arsenal and man utd are johnny come latelys

Oh rly?

Ok then.

trailmonkey

what’s that, the 30’s and 50’s ? that’s 50 – 70 years after the first great dynasties.

anyway we digress. i think we managed to establish that spurs and man city are far from johnny come latelys.

now chelsea, if you’d have chosen them, you might have had half a case.

allthepies
    Free Member

A Weds evening update:

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Europa league for mancs i believe!

donsimon
    Free Member

Mickey Mouse competition anyway.

allthepies
    Free Member

LeylandDafAldiLidlFerreroRocher Conference 2012 contenders

😆

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Don’t care if it ends up a draw, most of Utd look well below par. Even if we scrabbled through, on this performance it would only be delaying the inevitable!

allthepies
    Free Member

Mickey Mouse competition anyway.

Definitely, being in the Champions League is so much better than the Europa jobbie

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Basel!! lol

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The streets of Manchester will be quiet tonight.

Snigger, snigger, snigger.

IHN

ah well, at least that saves us from being dicked by Barca in the final. Again

Jamie
    Free Member

I hope Sheikh Mansour kept the receipt.

trailmonkey

does this mean that we go down to 3 qualifying places in the ecl now ?

cheburashka
    Free Member

Good for the prestige of the Europa League…

Duggan

Cry me a **** river Tyldesly you pr**k 😆

Unfortunately for proper utd fans that was fully deserved.

yossarian
    Free Member

‘The last days of Alex Ferguson’

higgo
    Free Member

I’ve only just seen this thread and haven’t read it all but….

elf – if you’re seriously suggesting that our win over Arsenal was more significant than the dicking by city, you know f all about football. I was at (and stayed to the end of) both games. Even now when I think of the derby I feel physically sick. That will not change until we’ve done the same to them. And I doubt that will be any time soon. You, on the other hand, couldn’t point at liverpool on a map and wouldn’t be able to find your way to anfield without a tour guide.

‘The last days of Alex Ferguson’

Quite probably. He’s achieved +1 over liverpool at home and even with blind loyalty/optimism it would take another 5 years to win another 2 Euros. It’s obvious we’re going to be outspent by city in the near future. Why would he stay?

ah well, at least that saves us from being dicked by Barca in the final. Again

We wouldn’t have got to the final.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m loving being in Mank this evening. 😀 Miserable faces wherever you look. Which is about normal of course. Just more normal tonight.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 369 total)

The topic ‘Any Manchester United Supporters in?’ is closed to new replies.