Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any love for the Scandium Cinder Cone?
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I gots me the googly eyes for a 2014 Cinder Cone, yet webworld seems thin on the ground review-wise?

Anyone owned/ridden one of the Scandium variety?

dukeduvet

Try here for some reviews – link

andykirk
    Free Member

This is exactly the bike I am looking at right now. Hard to find reviews on up to date 650b models. Seems like a great deal for a Scandium framed bike, plenty of opportunity for component upgrades. Would love to hear from any owners?

mrblobby
    Free Member

It’s just not right. A cinder cone should look like this…

thepodge
    Free Member

Thats exactly the one I have, 1992 classic

Alu Konas don’t exist

firestarter
    Free Member

Proper cinder cone . Sadly with a rear flat 🙁

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Yeah took a butchers and those few mbr reviews don’t talk about the frame/ride much if at all. Grrr!

I loved the old Cinder Cone, had a ’94 myself until moved it on as a refurb a few years back simply because the powder coat was dying and rust showing through. Wish I’d kept it. Then grabbed a ’98 Lava Dome. Such great geometry for my reqts, and the zing thing in spades, yet without being too noodley.

I know it seems that current Kona have lost a lot of fans but I’m quite impressed by the look of that new Scandium frame on paper. 15 years ago there would surely be bags of noise and reviews for such an offering from Kona. Now…near silence?

Oooh – 2016 is back to black:

Danny79
    Free Member

Brought a 2015 Cinder Cone and I love it.*

*It’s the first mtb I’ve brought in 13 or more years last was a long serving Trek 4900. Until I brought it last month I’d not been on a bike for over a year.

Would be out on it now but I’m on call this week, but I could have easily felt the same about another bike. Do feel a lot more comfortable on steep descents that I did on the Trek.

onehundredthidiot

Was tempted by that blue one on ebay.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Needs more splatter paint job.

firestarter
    Free Member

What mine? I wasnt aware it was on ebay

Yeah splatter would be nice capt

onehundredthidiot

Sorry firestarter, I stand corrected. Cant be many about tho.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-90s-Kona-single-speed-/undefined

firestarter
    Free Member

Ah just found it. Its jot as good as mine 🙂 You had me worried for a minute tho

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any love for the Scandium Cinder Cone?’ is closed to new replies.