Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any love for Superstar Tesla hubs?
  • nowmefeelinit
    Free Member

Been looking around for any experience/comments/opinions on the Superstar Tesla hubs (particularly the rear) but there doesn’t seem to be much feedback out there at the moment – I guess because they’re fairly new(ish).

Looking at wheel/hub combinations for a Cotic Soul build next year and these look interesting but would welcome any user feedback – looking for hubs to go with Flow/FlowEx rims. Anyone have any experience of these hubs?

james
    Free Member

I’ve got one, its just awaiting fitting (as a wheel) to the bike
    Have yet to see how it fares

Also struggled to find much. As far as I found its based on the older 120 point hubs that were suscpetible to slippage. Apparantly a grit issue that regular servicing/new bearings should cure. Though I think that line is from superstar
    The tesla supposidly doubles up on engagement pawls and as far as the marketting goes is meant to get round some of the slippage issues

Theres a thread on bikeradar somewhere

If Hope made the standard pro II 48point pickup instead of 24 (like they do with the Pro II singlespeed then maybe I could have convinced myself to live with the noise

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I have the 29er tesla pacenti dl31 wheels,

Quiet freehub, quick pick up, good weight, still straight after a few rides

Bearings seem to be same as the old hope bulb hubs, no servicing instructions, not 100% convinced by the front 15mm conversion but it works

Rim very wide but a 2.0 mud x fits fine,

So far I’m happy with the purchase

bjornsundman
    Free Member

I’ve had two sets of Tesla rear hubs. They both broke in the same way. The freewheel broke and stopped engaging. They broke very quickly, the first one after about 6-10 rides and the replacement after only 3 rides. I’ve returned it now and would recommend that you don’t buy it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any love for Superstar Tesla hubs?’ is closed to new replies.