Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Any Lefty experts on here
  • widge34
    Free Member

Cannondale have just upgraded the cartridge in my lefty 2.0. It was a free upgrade that Cannondale contacted lefty owners about.
    I’ve had two rides on it since upgrade with the correct pressure set, but as I’m riding the fork is progressively dropping, but it is not losing any air
    Any idea what the problem could be?

MoreCashThanDash

TJ and Junkyard?

Someone had to say it 😉

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Does a bearing reset solve it?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Bearing reset usually solves the issue of a shortage of travel rather than the fork dropping as the bearings migrate and limit the travel. The axel to crown height shouldn’t be affected by this issue.

widge34
    Free Member

It’s not a bearing reset problem. That just causes loss of full travel.
    This issue is travel getting less and less as I ride. I then have to stop and manually pull fork back out. Sounds like too much air getting in negative chamber.

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

I’m glad I’m not the only one!

I have exactly the same symptoms. I’ve just taken it back to my LBS and asked it to be looked at again.

widge34
    Free Member

Have you had the cartridge upgrade?

otsdr
    Free Member

Probably the air goes into the negative and stays there?

Junkyard
    Free Member

you have confused vocal with expertise 😉

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

Have you had the cartridge upgrade?

Yes, it started happening after it went back for the recent recall/upgrade.

Sometimes it would extend to full length when unweighted, other times it would stay compressed and would need pulling apart to get back to full length.

goss
    Free Member

This issue is travel getting less and less as I ride. I then have to stop and manually pull fork back out. Sounds like too much air getting in negative chamber.

Too much grease on the neg/pos air chamber valve. It won’t equalize to 50/50.

take it back to your LBS and let them take it apart and wipe off some of the grease. after you should get the fork setup from scratch with sag and rebound to be sure.
    -I’m a Lefty mechanic at 29’er Bike Shop, denmark.

widge34
    Free Member

Is that an easy job? Is it something I could do? My nearest Cannondale dealer is a 50 mile round trip.

otsdr
    Free Member

Technically, the pressure will equalize to 50/50, but at the wrong position :).

tjagain

*sniggers*

goss
    Free Member

widge34
    if you had the tool to take it apart then it’s an easy job but otherwise you simply can’t. from the outside it looks easy but the second part is where you need the special tool.

the pressure will equalize to 50/50, but at the wrong position

well no. it’s designed to only equalize when fully extended. That’s why there have been a recall/upgrade of the equalair spring before the new 2,0 spring module.

Maybe https://www.sprungsuspension.com is closer to you ?

widge34
    Free Member

Called in there this morning. They don’t deal with lefty forks yet. They are a new company and don’t have a lot of the kit you need for lefty forks

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Any Lefty experts on here’ is closed to new replies.