• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Del.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any lawyers (or wannabees) in the house? Useless insurance company content..
  • freeform5spot
    Free Member

September 2008. Drove into the back of my friends car at low speed that caused the boot to buckle and the central locking to fail.

No problems, phone the AA.com (acting as our insurance broker) gave all the details required and left it as that.

Had some details through from the claimants solicitors (details of the matter being dealt with via Dartford County Court). Called them to ask what they were for and was told that it was just for my records and that copies of everything was being dealt with by my insurance company.

Fast forward to a week ago. Rang up our mortgage company to borrow £20k for some building works to the property. No problem in principal I am todl. Yesterday receive a letter from them stating that as I have a CCJ against my name they cannot extend me any line of credit!!!

WTF!!!!

Seems that my insurance company failed to settle the matter properly and so it went to court (without me being informed) and that a CCJ was filed! The account was settled after that point but I received nothing to that effect.

Now I have to sort out this mess myself, sort out my credit rating and reapply for the additional monies.

My question: [u]WHO THE HELL CAN I SUE 'CAUSE I AM IN THE MOOD TO SUE SOMEONES ASS FOR GROSS INCOMPITANCY!!![/i][/u]

cynic-al
    Free Member

I'd be speaking to your brokers/insurers.

BoardinBob

Insurance Ombudsman

Although it's a bit strange that the CCJ is in your name???

AFAIK In order to receive a CCJ you have to go through the courts, they then have to find you liable for the debt, you then refuse to pay it and after 28 days or so they would issue a CCJ against you.

MrAgreeable

A BB says, very odd for them to get a CCJ against you without you knowing, and might be nothing to do with the insurance business. Sure your wife hasn't been running up debts on your joint credit card? 😉

Alternatively, some credit reference agencies register CCJs by address, which is not technically correct (CCJs are registered against an individual or joint individuals) but saves them having to do a lot of legwork. So it could be nothing to do with you at all.

MrAgreeable

Insurance Ombudsman

If it is a problem with your insurer and they won't sort it out, yes. But you need to take it up with your insurer before you go to the Ombudsman, or they'll just refer you back.

Del

or it could be a cockup by the court.

Del

sorry – just to qualify that my boss had to take someone to small claims to recover some rent on a property his family had let. they won the SC hearing, the defendants never paid, but he found out that the CCJ had been registered as against him!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any lawyers (or wannabees) in the house? Useless insurance company content..’ is closed to new replies.