Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Any lanky blokes with a Jones, especially Jones plus
  • soulstealer
    Free Member

Currently getting very tempted by a Jones Plus. Have always hankered after a Space frame but being 6’5″ tall believe I’m a tad too lanky. Just looking for other’s experiences? Also interested in handling characteristics as although I’m aware how much care Jeff puts into the design of his bikes,19″ chainstays seem awfully long to a guy used to chuckable hardtails! Any thoughts?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Both Ton, & Steve Makin are about that size.
    They both ride them..

soulstealer
    Free Member

Do you know if they have plus or space frames?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Both got Plus frames.

soulstealer
    Free Member

Cheers teeto

Retrodirect
    Free Member

short reach and high stack due to the rotated body position makes the frame very chuckable.

The shortest CS being best length is a misconception.

timbur
    Free Member

I built up a black plus gate for Biff as a demo bike. I think it’s still available to demo. Might be with a shop. Drop him a line. Yesweareontheweb.com

If you’re a complete tart then there’s a Ti plus spaceframe! Hopefully I’ll have one to build soon 🙂

solarider
    Free Member

I am 6ft 2in on a Spaceframe. I run a 100mm stem and Jones Loopbars.

Honestly I am at the limit of the frame’s size. It fits me perfectly but I don’t think you would get away with it at 6ft 5in.

If you want to have a sit on one (it’s not like many dealers have them hanging around) and you are near Surrey, let me know.

Not sure that the Plus frames are any longer or larger in the stack or reach either.

Timbur – is he now making a Ti Plus Spaceframe?

timbur
    Free Member

That’s a pic of a 25″ plus alongside a normal (lol) Spaceframe.

Yes, Ti Plus Spaceframes are alive and being tinkered/played with. Jelle in Dutchland has a SS one built and I believe it’s off to Eurobike warehouse world this year. He might be throwing gears on it for that.

I’ve been promised one to build with the new carbon rims. Parts are being collected for that build and beards are being scratched.

timbur
    Free Member

I stand corrected. It’s a boost plus diamond not space. Got my wires crossed 😳

Look at Jelle Tienstra on Farcebook for lovely pics.

Off more more coffee and to wake up now.

soulstealer
    Free Member

Thanks all, that’s a real help. Only problem is, you’ve now given me no excuse not to get one

timbur
    Free Member

You won’t regret it. I’m learning that a Ti Spaceframe really is the only bike I need. The poor diamond is not happy.

It you scroll through the pics in that link there are a few to look at. It was a prototype plus frame iirc but the gel stayed the same. It’s big!

martinh
    Free Member

At 6′ 4″ the 24″ Spaceframe is perfect. Shame Jeff doesn’t make them anymore. The Plus is not the same as the Spaceframe but it’s a darn good bike

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Any lanky blokes with a Jones, especially Jones plus’ is closed to new replies.