• This topic has 18 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Marin.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Any ladies on here?
  • Marin
    Free Member

Hello girls or fellas with downhilling partners.My Mrs needs to get some body armour preferably an all in one shoulders, elbows, ribs etc for downhilling. Doesn’t want to have separate elbow, back protectors etc. Can anyone recommend anything. Her figure means she does not have the option of just using men’s body armour in a smaller size. And no, no photos are available or will be getting posted up.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

(Not a girl!)

I think it was Alpinestars who did a more “fitting” set of body armour, with more room in the right places.

Will see if I can find it!

maxtorque

I’m pretty sure any sensible girl has long done a runner from this forum full of weirdos……. (like me 😉

shermer75
    Free Member

I’d imagine that just about everyone on this forum is actually a girl pretending to be a guy just so they can satiate their pervy desire to hang out on a mountain bike forum with a bunch of Audi driving, warch-obsessed IT bods

slowoldman

I think it was Alpinestars who did a more “fitting” set of body armour,

Was it this?
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-WLHXd7P0w[/video]

Tracey

Both our girls had Rockgardn suits. Worked well for them. Abigale still wears hers occasionally.

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNeq2Utm0nU[/video]

psycorp
    Free Member

shermer75 – Member
    I’d imagine that just about everyone on this forum is actually a girl pretending to be a guy just so they can satiate their pervy desire to hang out on a mountain bike forum with a bunch of Audi driving, warch-obsessed IT bods

Less of the IT bod bashing. I don’t own an Audi and have no desire to either. Before you ask I don’t have a Santa Cruz, and I don’t even like T5’s 😛

maxtorque

psycorp
    I don’t have a Santa Cruz, and I don’t even like T5’s

You. GET OUT!! >>>>>>>>

hellz85
    Free Member

Hi Marin

I have been looking for suitable body armour also. I do not have large Chestal assests to get in the way but generally find the spine protector on men’s armour to be way too long. All the hard plastic ones iv tried have been very uncomfortable on my chest and the spine protector has dug into my bum and extended up my neck. I’ve just ordered the leatt airlift lite body tee, it has shoulder, chest, back and hip protection. They also do a full jacket version for slightly more money. I’ll let you know how I get on. I saw a thread on pink bike where a lady was very pleased with poc vpd jacket.

JoeG
    Free Member

rickmeister

Pm me, my partner has one of those string vest with armour fitted things that she has hardly used, it’s clean, good nick and sat on the shelf in the garage…

Not sure of the size…

pigeonthing
    Free Member

I think sweet or bliss protection do womens specific kit….seem to remember a review or write up

Stevet1
    Free Member

Maybe worth asking one of the top pros on twitter – Rachael, Tracey Manon etc. I’m sure they would be helful?

Marin
    Free Member

Ta for the replies. Mrs currently googling your suggestions hellz85 looks like good kit. Yours next Tracey! Rickmeister looking at new stuff easier on the returns if it don’t fit.
    Just for the stereotypes she does ride a SantaCruz but we have a T4 so are way retro cool!

zero-cool
    Free Member

The GF rides in one of these when necessary. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/troy-lee-designs-bp-7850-hw-short-sleeve-shirt-2015/rp-prod59939 They do a long sleeved version as well. The pads are foam so comfy, she’s tried a lot of different brands over the years and prefers this one. Some of the pads are removable if necessary.

Tom
    Kp

RobHilton
    Free Member

Will let you know what I’ve got from the ex MrsRob’s body armour wardrobe when I get home if 2nd hand (light use) is of interest.

spooky_b329

Do Dianese do a mtb version of their clever armour thats soft but goes solid during an impact? I’ve seen MTBing kneepads that do it, I’ve got a back protector for horse riding made out of it, and when took a foward roll off the horse and landed on my back it seemed to do the job 🙄

Its two or three layers of hexagon shaped rubber so nice and flexible, and as its flexible and stretchy it fits over lady bumps, and the back part just moves out of the way if it touches the saddle (horse variety)

Edit: Doesn’t look like the cycling ones use the same construction, they all seem to have solid panels making them more rigid. This is the horse riding one – it can be folded or stretched in any direction so fits any shape.

Marin
    Free Member

Zerocool I’ve got the long sleeve version and its great just seeing what else is up really.
    After new stuff really nothing against second hand but a pain if it doesn’t fit properly after you’ve bought it.
    That looks more like a stabproof vest spooky are you in the mounted police?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Any ladies on here?’ is closed to new replies.