Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Any kona process 153 riders… Share your experience.
  • danjthomas
    Free Member

I’m thinking of building one up as soon as I find a frame on the bay. Not in any rush..
    How does it climb. Based on reviewsi think it will descent exceptionally well. Would you do a 50k xc ride on it?

kimbers

Had mine 2 years nearly, done a tonne of enduros;local, ews, ukge, mega,local DH races and stuff on it, plus 50 k loops at afan etc
    A lockout on the shock helps, I run it 1×10 with a 32 front and 40 expander and it can get me up anything
    I’d choose the hardtail for a 50k xc ride, but if there’s some challenging descents then I’ll take the process
    It does descend brilliantly, long reach works very well with a tiny stem and wide bars.
    Incredibly confidence inspiring, jumps and corners really well
    I got basic version to 14kg with lb carbon wheels, slx drivetrain etc
    Needed a bearing change this summer, was a bit of a pain but not terrible
    Pf bb lasted a year, but xtr replacement seems fine , no creaks or anything
    Bad points-
    Even with n\w and clutch mech still needed a top guide to stop loosing the chain on rough stuff
    Bb is low so 170mm cranks or less
    I didn’t rate the monarch rt on mine
    Mud clearance at the back is OK, I’ve clogged a few times in very muddy races, but that’s with 35mm rims and 2.4 tyres!
    The back end is wide (and very stiff) so watch for heel clearance

deanfbm
    Free Member

It’s a lot of bike, super capable and fun (if there’s the gradient or you lay down some serious horse power).

I replaced my DH bike with a process 153, fitted a -1.5* slackset, does downhill duties in the manner i wanted, stable enough for flat out rough and steep, engaging enough to have fun on UK stuff.

As a trail bike, pfftt, no way.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Any kona process 153 riders… Share your experience.’ is closed to new replies.