Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any kitesurfing type gurus on here?… Advice please
  • Tomahawk
    Free Member

I’m looking to diversify my hobbies and thought that kitesurfing would be right up my strasser. I am aware (after various video clips from the net) that this can be somewhat hazardous pass time if treat with contempt. So I intend to go down the correct avenues and build up my knowledge and skills from the bottom rung.

A friend of mine has recommended Ozone kites to be decent and to purchase a good 2 line beginner kite to master the wind and learning to manoeuvre etc. I’m looking at a 2.5 meter to get me off the ground 😉 and was wondering if anyone may have any advice of recommendations to compliment this.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, you may help to avoid me appearing on YouTube bouncing across a costal car park in the future 😆

agent007
    Free Member

Ozone will be fine and their 3 line Ignition looks really nice. 2-2.5m will be perfect and you’ll not get into any trouble with one of those. Peter Lynn also do some nice trainer kites as does North, and pretty much every other major kite surf brand. Just make sure you go for a kite listed as ‘kitesurf trainer’ a kite with a bar control rather than handles etc.

Once you’ve got the kite just go to a large open field or beach and practise, finding out where the power is etc. Once you’re happy controlling with two hands, start flying one handed, then fly the kite without looking at it. All good practice to give you a headstart on the water.

Cougar

I have an Ozone Samurai kite (not a surf one), it’s great. I see no reason to get a 2-line kite though, waste of time. Get a little 4-line job if you want to practice.

Get lessons.

Tomahawk
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice. I’m thinking a 4 line kite with a power bar might be the way to go. I’m not a complete novice and relatively competent practically so don’t want to waste money on a decent kite that I’ll out grow quickly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any kitesurfing type gurus on here?… Advice please’ is closed to new replies.