Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Any kitchen fitters in the house ??
  • lasty
    Free Member

Bit of an odd one ….
    Removed old double oven and grill, replaced said items with new Neff goodies at the in-laws.
    Old stuff was taller so after a bit of faffing, shelf moving etc got the Neff stuff to sit nicely but I need a 130mm stainless steel décor/finishing strip to cover the gap above the grill.
    I always knew this would be an issue but no-one seems to sell anything remotely like it …
    Short of heading out to find a metalwork shop anyone any ideas where I could get one ??
    Local upmarket appliance shoppe was -as usual- useless with suggestions that I bodge it.
    A3 appliances – Sh*te as usual ..

Cheers ..

slackalice
    Free Member

How about finding a grille? Added benefit of recirculating warm air.

I haven’t looked specifically for the size you need i.e. 130 x 600 I presume? They also do custom grilles

Grilles and Vents

lasty
    Free Member

Toyed with the idea of a grille/vent but it just wouldn`t look right in a new kitchen, but thanks anyway…
    Surely someone must be knocking these out or do all kitchens go together first time …. 🙄

daddydave

Can you make the space a bit bigger and fit a plate warmer, they are roughly 140mm high and 600mm wide. An expensive way to fix it but at least it serves another purpose.

Liftman

Had the exact same thing with a neff double oven, ended up getting a local fabricator to make a stainless steel strip with folds at either end to fill the gap.

pocketrocket
    Free Member

Can you not get a filler panel (or 2, 1 above, 1 below) that matches the kitchen units instead, that is how the gaps are normally covered.

lasty
    Free Member

Thanks for all the ideas – Ive come up with various solutions all of which are mentioned above so the massive are in tune 😀
    Matching the kitchen units isnt really an option as its an old(ish) kitchen but in tip-top condition .
    I like the plate warmer idea – going to look into that one but the ss cover plate would be fave for now ….

Cheers chaps 😆

jim25

Spotted in B and Q last week, a fake stainless steel vinyl covering to immitate stainless splashbacks.
    It was around the kitchen display area in a big warehouse store. You could prob cut some filler panels to fit and cover in this stuff.

bensales
    Free Member

Any good…

600mm x 300mm Brushed Stainless Steel sheet on Ebay

You’ll obviously need to cut it in half.

theotherjonv

Hijack (sorry)

I’m looking to replace a Bosch double oven ‘built under’ my 900mm high worktop. According to the spec it’s a 715mm high unit, and it fits under the worktop with a fascia plinth that runs under it and the cupboards either side.

Most of the built under units I can find are almost 900 mm. Is that because they have legs or some sort of base (mines built inside the cupboard). They don’t just sit base onto floorboards do they – must be some fire hazard stuff covering that?

alanl
    Free Member

Built unders can be either free-standing, or sat on a shelf in a base unit.

Mine is sat on a shelf (not really a shelf, just sat on L shaped brackets), the last one I installed was free standing.

theotherjonv

So penny to a pound something listed as 800-something mm high will be a free stander.

gears_suck
    Free Member

Standard ovens are about 600 high and sit directly on a base in the unit. Modern ovens (under counter) are insulated and the cases are cool. In the case of a double oven it may be higher but usually not more than 715 – 720 in which case the support is the bottom of the cupboard. Feet (under unit) are adjustable to set the height of the unit for the correct kick board depth.
    Edit: Yes, that sounds like it would be free standing.

beaker2135

Have you considered a warming draw they’re 130ish otherwise it’s a custom made panel for best effect

russ295
    Free Member

A single BU (600mm) oven fits into an oven housing. Usually about 720mm plus legs. A filler panel is fitted at the bottom.
    A double BU (720mm) oven is normally sat on brackets fitted to the adjacent units.
    A double oven (900mm) is fitted into a tower unit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Any kitchen fitters in the house ??’ is closed to new replies.