Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any Jones riders in the Surrey hills…..
  • Gotama
    Free Member

That would let me have a little go when the trails clear up a bit? Can offer swift or yelli screamy to lead/follow.

In my head they’re too short in the top tube but my heart thinks a Jones diamond with a fat front could be my perfect bike for the riding i do.

Clink

http://www.yesweareontheweb.com/jones/
    Sussex any good? – see test bike @ Tri store

In my head they’re too short in the top tube but my heart thinks a Jones diamond with a fat front could be my perfect bike for the riding i do.

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed; they are so balanced/planted.

jameso

Talk to Biff? Or I’m in the chilterns nr wendover. They feel short at first but there’s good reason for it.

Gotama
    Free Member

Thanks guys, i thought it was just sideways and charlie.

jameso – i’m 6ft 3 so the 23 inch ett seems way too short…on paper. Maybe layback post etc. Appreciate what you’re saying though.

br
    Free Member

Good god man, Surrey Hills!

Don’t you know you need at least a 6″ FS to ride there!

😉

Bazz

Think there is a member on here that goes by the name of “Futon river crossing” or something, i think he is Brighton based but has been known to venture up to the Surrey hills.

tazzymtb

i’m 6ft 3 so the 23 inch ett seems way too short…on paper

you’ll be fine, a 6ft 4er mate rides a jones Diamond with 100mm stem and a 410 tomson layback

jameso

It’s only short in the TT if you’re thinking in conventional-bike terms. It’s perfect for a 6ft rider, seems to work fine for riders a good few inches either side of that. Try to get more than a quick spin if you can, may need to play with set up etc. Took me a few hours to really ‘get it’.
    There’s a couple of 6’4″ guys on MTBR with them.

Gotama
    Free Member

Tazzy – doesn’t that make the front end harder to lift when stood up? I like riding my swift but it feels like a head down let’s put the miles in bike whereas the canfield is just fun. Or is that more to do with the chainstays?

tazzymtb

Tazzy – doesn’t that make the front end harder to lift when stood up? I like riding my swift but it feels like a head down let’s put the miles in bike whereas the canfield is just fun. Or is that more to do with the chainstays?

no the jeff geometry and loop bar combo do some weird ass voodoo with the bike handling. It really is something to try as on paper it just looks a bit “odd”

definitely try a fat front version as well!!!!!!!!!! most funnest bike ever

biff

Gotama – feel free to email me biff@yesweareontheweb.com
    Might well be able to get to Surrey Hills for a ride.
    If you can get to Sussex we can go ride.
    Although even we’ve got damp at the moment. I can ride moist, damp is less fun.

I should do a North Downs demo day – that’s what the Pro’s do isn’t it?

:O)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any Jones riders in the Surrey hills…..’ is closed to new replies.