Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any IT Bods around?
  • franksinatra

I’m staying at my folks right now and when Mrs Sinatra tried connecting our laptop to their wireless she entered the PIN instead of wireless key and managed to set up a PC network to this laptop. Since then, no devices have been able to connect to wireless as the only network available is this PC. I can’t work out how to disable the PC network and make normal wireless available again.

Any ideas?

cranberry
    Free Member

Use the reset button on the back of the router to put things back to default. You might need to change some of the settings afterwards.

Cletus

You should not need to touch the router.

What model of laptop does she have and what operating system is it running?

Many laptops have a physical button to enable/disable wireless – have you looked for this?

franksinatra

Cheers guys

Wireless is definitely on on laptop. Cannot see the router on my smartphone either.

Have tried resetting the wireless router and powered down etc, no luck yet

franksinatra

The router is working with LAN connection, currently connected via a cable. Just seems that the wireless will only talk to this laptop.

It is a D-link router on Virgin cable. This laptop is HP running Vista

Janesy
    Free Member

cranberry – Member

Use the reset button on the back of the router to put things back to default. You might need to change some of the settings afterwards.

omg are you in IT? if so quite your job NOW!

hels
    Free Member

Have you tried switching everything off then switching it on again ? And I mean everything, TV, fridge, all electronic devices.

If that doesn’t work, there are some solutions available by deploying tin foil around the work station.

franksinatra

there are some solutions available by deploying tin foil around the work station

Tried that, not helping and wasted loads of tin foil

aidso
    Free Member

Forgive me, but is the problem not with the laptop? Why are people saying reset the modem/router?

If you go into the Wireless Network settings of her laptop (usually a little icon in the bottom right of your screen that looks like steps) and select settings.
    You should be able to tell it to “forget mum’s wireless connection”.
    You should also be able to turn it off, from being a wireless hotspot.

hels
    Free Member

Cool office. Next time the IT manager is on holiday….

tonyd

Our logs have detected a bad problem with your computer. Please send me your bank details now so that we can do the required and avert any issue for you.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any IT Bods around?’ is closed to new replies.