Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Any 'interesting' day/multi-day rides planned?
  • cinnamon_girl

Not the usual SDW-type stuff but ones that you’ve put together yourself. Particularly keen to hear of any ‘themes’ but obviously keep it clean! 🙂

Thanks as always. 😀

cinnamon_girl

H E L L O

😉

C’mon let’s be inspired!

ton

i am gonna organise a gentlemans/gentleladies social riding weekend, once the weather improves.
    cake, tea/coffee and beer/wine being the main ingrediants.

cinnamon_girl

GET IN! The invalids weekend? Thanks ton, can’t wait. 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’m always thinking about Exmoor for this sort of thing. It’s a big area and criss-crossed by Bridleways. I’ve done a 2-dayer once before, riding a tortuous line from Minehead over Dunkery to Doone Valley, and then a quicker coastal route back. It was nice if tough! Next time I will B&B.

nbt

Bunch of us doing a belgian trip later this year – hull – zeebrugge ferry, then a circular trip round Ypres, Ghent and Bruges with timeto explore each town

ton

Jules…..on the bikes?

andytherocketeer

Was half thinking about the other end of Belgium and Luxembourg. Easy to get a weekend in from here.

Also been half thinking about a coast 2 coast (but not one of the usual culprits).

Also need to tick off some more countries (only ticked off 1 new one last year).

russianbob
    Free Member

We’re in the planning stages for a Brizzle-London multi-day off road. 3 days I reckon, B&B, nothing gnarr, but nice scenery, beer etc. Probably towards the end of May.

cinnamon_girl

Some interesting and very different ideas there!

I’ve been wanting to visit each of the Wiltshire White Horse chalk figures but my idea of doing it in two days won’t happen. So I thought of splitting it into a multi-day tour which means that the horses with no bridleway access could see me walking instead. Car needed though for some of it.

Got some other ideas of following ancient trackways too.

nbt

Yes Tony. couple of tandems and some solos.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Planning on the Washington Irving route (1829) from Seville to Granada in the late spring. Its about 400km and inspired the book “Tales of the Alhambra”.

ton

Yes Tony. couple of tandems and some solos.

any room for a slow one?

nbt

COurse there is. will drop you details on email

andytherocketeer

Also thought about hopping on a train, getting off somewhere further away than I’d normally ride, then ride back home (edit: via as many castles as I can find, and there’s lots to find)

cinnamon_girl

Just been checking on feasibility of another one – Dorset 3 Peaks and they’re all bridleway, woo hoo!

jameso

Got some other ideas of following ancient trackways too.

The Ridgeway end-to-end is a good full-day ride if it’s dry. No tech or anything but if you adapt the Chilterns end to avoid the footpath sections and add some of Pulpit hill/Wendover/Watlington area’s best trails it’s good. Either end has a nice hilltop for a summer evening view – there was a 100 or so travellers parying hard on Overton hill last time I did it on the summer solstice )

nbt

Oh yes, we’re also talking about organising a tandem funday too – Roman Lakes near us has loads of car parking, a café, and plenty of trails where we can make a quick 20 minute loop so people can have a go on the back (or front!) of a tandem MTB

that’s be summer time though so that when people get bored of riding the same trails as the outriders on solo bikes they don’t freeze while having a coffee 😉

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

How many White horses are after doing? 9 or more.

cinnamon_girl

How many White horses are after doing? 9 or more.

There’s 8 in Wiltshire. One in Oxfordshire.

The Ridgeway end-to-end is a good full-day ride if it’s dry. No tech or anything but if you adapt the Chilterns end to avoid the footpath sections and add some of Pulpit hill/Wendover/Watlington area’s best trails it’s good. Either end has a nice hilltop for a summer evening view – there was a 100 or so travellers parying hard on Overton hill last time I did it on the summer solstice )

I’ve walked the Ridgeway and cycle on parts of it. It really is a gorgeous trail.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

what about the white lion at whipsnade?

ojom
    Free Member

WHW is being done this year.

Also, Torridon and probably do some more far away ones too.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Plus 1 in Osmington we did them all on the road few years back.I Know that one is in Dorset.Wilts ones are quite close on a road bike.
    I suppose the Osmington one doesnt count as it has a rider on it 🙂

matt_outandabout

i am gonna organise a gentlemans/gentleladies social riding weekend, once the weather improves.
    cake, tea/coffee and beer/wine being the main ingrediants.

Do we require outfits?

Bunnyhop

I shall be riding side saddle 🙂

jameso

Is that the Fonz up there?

His coolness hasn’t lasted well has it )

Bunnyhop

Mmm his 21st century shoes don’t quite match the 19th century outfit. He does indeed look like The Fonz.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Any 'interesting' day/multi-day rides planned?’ is closed to new replies.