Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any interest in 1 1/8th forks?
  • haggis1978

So my build plans are changing and I have 2 pretty much new forks I’m not sure what to do with. Injury has meant a change in plans and lack of use of the forks. I have a set of 2012 fox float factory series kashima 130 rlc fit qr15 forks which I can change the lower legs on and run a steerer adaptor to go 650b. They’ve done about 30 miles mostly on canal paths and are immaculate. I also have a set of Reba 120rl solo air forks which are brand new with an uncut steerer 2014 model and 9mm qr. these have had a crown race fitted but are sitting hanging in a bike build in the latter stages of being ready to ride. I understand these forks are getting quite hard to come by and not everyone has changed to tapered steerers or qr15 for that matter. When I’m fit again I’m going 650b or maybe 29er depending on how easy I’ll shift the fork forks. Is there a market out here for these forks or will it be easier to keep one and convert it to 650b?

garage-dweller

No they’re rubbish I will give you cost of postage for the rebas 😉 .

ampthill

I’ll let myself be honest

I’m not in the market for forks at the moment. But uncut Rebas would be more dream form up grade

They must be work fair money to the right person

Superficial
    Free Member

It’s quite difficult to buy new 1.1/8th forks but a lot of people still have non-tapered frames. So good-condition decent forks ought to be worth quite a bit to the right person.

z1ppy

There a market for them obviously, but still new stuff available with straight steerer at the right price, so don’t expect to start looking at them like their a rare investment that going to make huge returns. My advice, get em sold quick, as unless you store them for another 5 years in perfect condition to hit the retro “26er” market, they’re not going to start increasing in value anytime soon, quite the opposite.

AlexSimon

Z1ppy – press the ‘View all availability’ on that link and you’ll see they are actually £399.

z1ppy

Are they? ****!
    Some-one else posted them on a thread where I recommend a 2nd hand set of rebas, didn’t look further into em.
    Still his are QR, and those a more desirable 15mm..

I stand by my “get em sold quick”

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I’ll always be on the lookout in the future for them as there’s two unbuilt 1 1/8th frames lying about that might not get built for a couple years.

Pair of 26″ QR straight steerer forks will cost me 3 beers then.

Superficial
    Free Member

Blimey, the non-tapered Rebas from PX are twice as much as the tapered version (and have an inferior (QR) axle).

haggis1978

Good to know. I’ll be getting shot of the Rebas fairly quick I think then and maybe the Fox as well as it’s got a nice long steerer too, +220 I think. I know the Rebas are hard to get a hold of as I had to import them as they just weren’t available. Mine are the manual turnkey version as well so have compression adjust on them, none of this poplock/pushlock nonsense. This isn’t a for sale thread folks but keep an eye out on the classifieds as they’ll be going in there soon I think along with a good scatter of other top equipment but at the same time my email is in my profile should anybody be interested.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any interest in 1 1/8th forks?’ is closed to new replies.