Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Any insiders know if there are any Chain Reaction deals coming.
  • jkomo

About to push the button on a load of parts, but will feel most annoyed if there’s a 10% off deal coming.
    I hate missing a deal.

scotroutes

There’s always a CRC deal coming. Just like DCS, Carpetworld etc etc etc

patriotpro
    Free Member

😆

Yeh but it ends SOON

jkomo

I know, that’s why I don’t want to buy now.

jonnouk
    Free Member

Yes.

jkomo

Damn you to heck.

d45yth
    Free Member

Have Merlin not got an extra 10% off the moment? Anything I’ve bought lately has been from them, as the prices have either been the same or cheaper (with no extra discount).

jkomo

No extra discount at Merlin, but you’re right, the groupo buy goes to them.
    Looking at chain reaction for finishing kit.

mrjmt
    Free Member

bank hol coming up. there’ll be a deal at the weekend.

Speshpaul

is it me or are CRC just not very cheap anymore? i find i’m spending less and less with them, LBS are doing them on most shimano kit.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

is it me or are CRC just not very cheap anymore? i find i’m spending less and less with them, LBS are doing them on most shimano kit.

hit and miss. Since the website change stopped them being my default choice Ive probably bought more stuff from Halfords than CRC. Still have the odd market-leading bargain but they dont last (eg. reverb price gone up) and ribble, merlin and the german sites are cheaper for groupsets. And their £5 off £50 vouchers are a bit arbitrary, I didnt get one in with a recent £120 order, t’other half did get one with a cheaper order that was delivered at the same time.

Still got a NOS Cervelo road frame on a wishlist, waiting for a killer code!

lcj

I dont find CRC competitive on price or delivery times any more, Merlin or Europe are where it’s at. As mentioned above Halfords and Evans get increasing amounts from me, especially with price matching.

Mackem

I just priced up an XT cassette and chain. CRC was the cheapest (to my surprise). I checked Merlin, probikeshop and rose and bicimarket.

cookeaa

All depends on how much time you want to spend and how “thorough” you want to be when shopping online really… With the various discount codes the price for stuff on CRC isn’t always what you’ll end up paying…

CRC tend to be in the running for most things, TBH there’s a few contenders now if you are shopping for stuff online.
    A quick browse of the top four or five online bike part retailers, a quick ebay search search, and a confirmatory googling of the item you are after (Sometime SJS or Rutland cycles turn out cheaper)…

If I’ve got a bit of a shopping list I have been known to simply put all the same items in the basket on CRC/wiggle/Merlin on separate tabs, apply any discount codes I can find and click buy on whichever comes out cheapest, CRC win sometimes and others they don’t…
    Often there’s less than a fiver in it, you could save more scouring the web for the cheapest price on each item, but sometimes its actually not worth it…

A whole lunch hour spent shopping online for bicycle parts sort of knackers the supposed convenience of using the web to buy things a bit doesn’t it?

jkomo

Just realised all the stuff I’d lined up were the wrong sizes.
    Cancelled and gone to Ribble.

mindmap3
    Free Member

CRC now seem to be competitive with the German sites genre them getting more of my drive train business.

scotroutes

I was pricing up XT cassettes earlier today and CRC were cheaper than trade+VAT.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Any insiders know if there are any Chain Reaction deals coming.’ is closed to new replies.